Tacko | The Boneyard

Tacko

Reaction Score
Ok I am a Celtics fan again because of Kemba but I am also hoping that Tacko makes the team. The article today in the Courant leads me to believe he might!
I found out he was still with the team via a very unfortunate article I read on ESPN regarding Enes Kanter, with Tacko incidentally being there, being harassed and threatened outside a mosque in Cambridge by (Turkish) members of said mosque. I lived in that East Cambridge (Area IV for those in the know, around the corner from Lord Hobo) neighborhood and have heard of that mosque’s reputation. The Boston bombers lived 4 blocks from me. Not making any explicit connection of radicalization but you have to wonder... Interesting to hear that the Celtics practice facility is apparently so close to a small mosque buried in the middle of east Cambridge, but they clearly need to look elsewhere to pray.

Reaction Score
I found out he was still with the team via a very unfortunate article I read on ESPN regarding Enes Kanter, with Tacko incidentally being there, being harassed and threatened outside a mosque in Cambridge by (Turkish) members of said mosque. I lived in that East Cambridge (Area IV for those in the know, around the corner from Lord Hobo) neighborhood and have heard of that mosque’s reputation. The Boston bombers lived 4 blocks from me. Not making any explicit connection of radicalization but you have to wonder... Interesting to hear that the Celtics practice facility is apparently so close to a small mosque buried in the middle of east Cambridge, but they clearly need to look elsewhere to pray.

Don't really need to go there in this case, since this is about authoritarianism, not religion.

MrP

Reaction Score

Didn’t read the article, but the Celtics practice in Waltham.

Reaction Score
Not anymore. They practice in Brighton next to the New Balance HQ alongside the Mass Pike.
The new facility has been open for almost a year and a half.

1570371749110.png

MrP

Reaction Score
Yep, forgot about that. Still, not East Cambridge as OP stated

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member