Tacko Fall Declares For NBA Draft, Won't Hire Agent | The Boneyard

Tacko Fall Declares For NBA Draft, Won't Hire Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
sorry if already posted: UCF's Tacko Fall Declares For The NBA Draft

After two seasons playing for the UCF Knights, Tacko Fall will declare for the NBA draft without an agent.

Fall, who is 7’6 and one of the 40 tallest men in the World averaged 9.3 points, 7.9 rebounds, and 2.5 blocks per game during his time at UCF.

“This is a tremendous opportunity for Tacko,” UCF head coach Johnny Dawkins said. “He will be able to learn more about himself and his game during this process and we will be there to help him along the way.” -That is according to Daniel Forcella of ucfknights.com.

Fall also made a statement on declaring for the 2017 NBA Draft and this is what he had to say.

“This season has been the most fun I’ve ever had,” Fall said. “What we accomplished this year was special and I thank you all for your continued support. Having said that, it has been a dream of mine to play in the NBA so I look forward to going through the process and I thank Coach Dawkins and the staff for helping me through it.”

The key to all of this is the fact that Fall will not hire an agent. What that means is that Fall can go to the NBA draft combine, go through the workouts, get NBA scouts at the combine to give Fall what he has tom work on for the NBA level and then can take his name off the draft boards and can retain eligibility to come back and play for UCF next season.

Reaction Score
I agree about him returning but its positive to get an NBA evaluation. I have to imagine that an NBA team(s) would try and grab him for D League or some other way to get him. 7'6" can't be taught, even if he's not ready or that talented (yet).

I also expect that Dawkins will guide him.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Fall is 7'6. Gets the pass turns around and drops it in the basket. From what I saw he is slow going up and down the court. We beat them twice. He has the hands of Brimah. If an NBA team needs a guy to drop the ball in the hoop....so be it. Other than that he has no moves. Stands there and gets a rebound without leaving the ground. I would think at the college level you skills are already there, just hone them. Seems like a nice guy. Nothing personnel. Just talent wise,well, I am not sold
But that is his decision, not mine. Stick it out Tacko.

Reaction Score
He's a 4 year project, he'll get a chance though after college.

Reaction Score
UCF arranging for a billboard in Times Square of just him and ZERO teammates can only create great team harmony.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
If he doesn't make the NBA a smart NFL GM would hire him to block field goals and extra points. I think he'd rattle kickers, especially on long kicks that they need to keep low.

Reaction Score
I may be wrong about this, but Tacko tends to kill everyone in the AAC but UConn.

He was fairly well handled last year.

Did Brimah do it? Not sure. Obviously, UConn doesn't have a Brimah this year. Tacko might enjoy those open looks from shorter centers, but put someone 6'11 on him with long arms, and he can't hit a shot.

Reaction Score
This is fine by me, I wanted to follow his college career as a distant fan. Not because he is a great player or has great potential, just in an admiring/amusement type of way. Also being in our conference its one more thing to feign interest.

I do hope he turns a corner in college and has a long productive NBA career. Without basketball and being 7'6" not sure what's available for him off the court.

Reaction Score
This is fine by me, I wanted to follow his college career as a distant fan. Not because he is a great player or has great potential, just in an admiring/amusement type of way. Also being in our conference its one more thing to feign interest.

I do hope he turns a corner in college and has a long productive NBA career. Without basketball and being 7'6" not sure what's available for him off the court.

Would you like to explain this before someone points out the obvious?

Reaction Score
Would you like to explain this before someone points out the obvious?
Yeah I just meant in society (off court) he would be viewed a freak/oddity as many his size are. Whereas in basketball there is normalcy with that size. Also not sure of the prejudices he would face being so tall.

Could have stated it better.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to the one foot height differential between him and our "bigs" next year. Should be thrilling!

I still think he'll be fairly easy to get into foul trouble if your guards can take it to him well enough.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I may be wrong about this, but Tacko tends to kill everyone in the AAC but UConn.
He was fairly well handled last year. Did Brimah do it? Not sure.

Not sure? In any event it appears anyone involved with his handling this season won't be here next year.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Without basketball and being 7'6" not sure what's available for him off the court.

How about an fruit tree picker or a traffic light bulb changer or a ceiling painter - the list is short but the possibilities are endless!

Reaction Score

He was fairly well handled last year.

Did Brimah do it? Not sure. Obviously, UConn doesn't have a Brimah this year. Tacko might enjoy those open looks from shorter centers, but put someone 6'11 on him with long arms, and he can't hit a shot.
I expect Tacko to be a beast next year. He improved significantly from his freshman season and he has really good hands. At his size the issue will always be conditioning. He expends some much energy just running up and down the court.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Without basketball and being 7'6" not sure what's available for him off the court.

How about an fruit tree picker or a traffic light bulb changer or a ceiling painter - the list is short but the possibilities are endless!

A lifelong advertising shill for taco stands would have to out $100k/yr minimum.

Nice pun on life is short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson