T Olander playing minor baseball | The Boneyard

T Olander playing minor baseball

Reaction Score
Burrell is still the only guy to go first round in both the NBA and MLB drafts.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I checked the Dunedin Blue Jays site (the first article said he worked out at their facility just after spring training ended) and Tyler is not listed as one of their pitchers.

I don't know where he is playing. Anyone?

Reaction Score
I checked the Dunedin Blue Jays site (the first article said he worked out at their facility just after spring training ended) and Tyler is not listed as one of their pitchers.

I don't know where he is playing. Anyone?

From the article posted today:

>>As of early this week, Olander had yet to pitch in any extended spring training games. His surgically-repaired right foot started acting up a couple of weeks after arriving in Dunedin, and he was put on a rehab program for about a month. He just got back to throwing off a mound again about a week ago, and hoped to throw some batting practice and finally get into some games over the next week. He’s also been a leader to the mostly younger players in camp, and has learned a bit from Jays’ all-star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, who’s been down in extended spring training rehabbing from injury.

At some point soon, Olander could be sent out to the Jays’ rookie league affiliate in Bluefield, West Virginia, or to their Class-A short-season team out in Vancouver, British Columbia.<<

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

>>As of early this week, Olander had yet to pitch in any extended spring training games. His surgically-repaired right foot started acting up a couple of weeks after arriving in Dunedin, and he was put on a rehab program for about a month. He just got back to throwing off a mound again about a week ago, and hoped to throw some batting practice and finally get into some games over the next week. He’s also been a leader to the mostly younger players in camp, and has learned a bit from Jays’ all-star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki, who’s been down in extended spring training rehabbing from injury.

At some point soon, Olander could be sent out to the Jays’ rookie league affiliate in Bluefield, West Virginia, or to their Class-A short-season team out in Vancouver, British Columbia.<<

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I would like to find a game down here where I could watch him pitch....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Burrell is still the only guy to go first round in both the NBA and MLB drafts.
Yep, but here's my obligatory Walt Dropo reference:

The Moose from Moosup.

Dropo played for the football team, basketball team and baseball team at UConn. He left UConn as the school's all-time leading scorer in basketball. Dropo was drafted in the first round of the 1947 BAA Draft by the Providence Steamrollerswith the fourth overall pick. He was also drafted by the Chicago Bears in the 9th round of the 1946 NFL Draft. Walt turned down offers from the Bears and theProvidence Steamrollers, in order to sign with the Red Sox as an amateur free agent in 1947.

Reaction Score

Global Huskies@GlobalHuskies 28 mins ago
Tyler Olander on the roster of@BluefieldJays in the @AppyLeague
Roster | Bluefield

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

There are definitely worse places for a young man to spend his summer than Vancouver.

Reaction Score
Yep, but here's my obligatory Walt Dropo reference:

The Moose from Moosup.

Dropo played for the football team, basketball team and baseball team at UConn. He left UConn as the school's all-time leading scorer in basketball. Dropo was drafted in the first round of the 1947 BAA Draft by the Providence Steamrollerswith the fourth overall pick. He was also drafted by the Chicago Bears in the 9th round of the 1946 NFL Draft. Walt turned down offers from the Bears and theProvidence Steamrollers, in order to sign with the Red Sox as an amateur free agent in 1947.
Dropo was also American League rookie of the year and a very good pro until an injury derailed his baseball career.

Reaction Score
Another 2 innings with 0 ER.

To date: 10-1/3IP 0R 0ER 6BB 6K

Gotta get those walks down. Pretty impressive though otherwise. He's not my favorite person ever but it's nice to see our alum doing things.

Reaction Score

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Olander, whose fastball has progressed from the mid-80s to as high as 93, also throws a slider, curveball, sinker and is working on a changeup, all of which can be used even more effectively by taking advantage of his height, which puts him closer to home plate than most hurlers when the pitch is released.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom