T-Mobile and Ice Monster Sign Storrs Center Leases | The Boneyard

T-Mobile and Ice Monster Sign Storrs Center Leases

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Ice Monster and T-Mobile Coming to Storrs Center | Storrs Center

Ice Monster will offer Thai-style hand rolled ice cream in a variety of flavors, including Key Lime Pie (fresh lime and graham crackers), Monkey Business (banana and Nutella®), and Ain’t Got No Thai Fo’Dat (Thai iced tea and condensed milk). The shop will also serve natural fruit tea and smoothies. Ice Monster is expected to open at 34 Wilbur Cross Way, Suite 101 this spring.

T-Mobile will also be opening a store this spring at 34 Wilbur Cross Way, Suite 103. The company prides itself in providing customers with the best experience, unlike any other telecommunications company in the country, and strives to exceed customers’ expectations when they visit the store.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Good to see lots of different food and drink options there, but they need more retail. Like Urban Outfitters or something like that.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Good to see lots of different food and drink options there, but they need more retail. Like Urban Outfitters or something like that.
I've said for the longest time that they need a 2 screen movie theatre. Did my entire business plan on it for a project senior year of college.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've said for the longest time that they need a 2 screen movie theatre. Did my entire business plan on it for a project senior year of college.
To give you an idea how long it had been since I was over in that part of campus, I was looking for the old movie that that used to be there. I agree, a movie theater would be a great addition there.

Reaction Score

There was a two screen movie theater in Storrs across from E.O. Smith while I was at UConn. One screen showed current movies, and starting about 1980 the other screen was programmed similar to Cinestudio at Trinity College, showing pretty much everything from foreign films to Mel Brooks film festivals. That second screen was very eclectic, to say the least. I spent a fair amount of my free time there, at least when I had the money. Unfortunately, the Storrs movie house closed down in 1986 or so, not too long after my days as a student there ended.

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There was a two screen movie theater in Storrs across from E.O. Smith while I was at UConn. One screen showed current movies, and starting about 1980 the other screen was programmed similar to Cinestudio at Trinity College, showing pretty much everything from foreign films to Mel Brooks film festivals. That second screen was very eclectic, to say the least. I spent a fair amount of my free time there, at least when I had the money. Unfortunately, the Storrs movie house closed down in 1986 or so, not too long after my days as a student there ended.
Yeah I saw a lot of movies there, too. I was trying to remember when it closed. I graduated in '88 and I think it closed while I was there. Had to go to Eastbrook Mall after that for first runs, but nothing else like that other screen.

Also enjoyed the Mansfield Drive-in a few times. Do they still show movies there?

Reaction Score
Yeah I saw a lot of movies there, too. I was trying to remember when it closed. I graduated in '88 and I think it closed while I was there. Had to go to Eastbrook Mall after that for first runs, but nothing else like that other screen.

Also enjoyed the Mansfield Drive-in a few times. Do they still show movies there?

Mansfield Drive In still shows movies, it is one of the two operating drive in theaters still open in Connecticut. It is also the home of a thriving flea market.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom