T Minus 7 days to tailgating check list... | The Boneyard

T Minus 7 days to tailgating check list...

Reaction Score
1. Get the 70 gallon cooler back (daughter borrowed it for the grandson's birthday party)
2. Start saving ice cubes from the ice cube maker
3. Refill the 2 spare propane grill tanks (Note to B.J.'s members- Refill price is $ 12.95 per tank)
4. Do some preliminary shopping for tailgating (paper plates, napkins, BLUE Solo Cups, etc.)
5. Call tailgating crew for get together to distribute season tickets
That's enough for today....

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
oy!

get to storage and inventory stuff...
get tailgate plans.
get to store and stock up...
get in line to get in!

Hmm, can I set up a spot on the road today to be first in line?

C

Chief00

Sounds like fun. Chief will miss the first game due to a conflict with the Giants/Patriots. True, it’s just a preseason game but from a business perspective if Chief was AD there would be a hard and fast rule - you don’t compete on the calendar with the Patriots and Giants. This usually happens in Men’s basketball but of course holds true for football. It never ends well for us attendance or rating wise. We need to be smarter.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
1. Get the 70 gallon cooler back (daughter borrowed it for the grandson's birthday party)
2. Start saving ice cubes from the ice cube maker
3. Refill the 2 spare propane grill tanks (Note to B.J.'s members- Refill price is $ 12.95 per tank)
4. Do some preliminary shopping for tailgating (paper plates, napkins, BLUE Solo Cups, etc.)
5. Call tailgating crew for get together to distribute season tickets
That's enough for today....
What's on the Bill O' Fare?

Wagner is on Staten Island, so them coming from NYC, it could be anything. I'm thinking an appetizer of steamers and clams (one guy has a mild allergy, so I need another idea as well.) and then perhaps open face NY Strip with roasted red peppers, onions, and cheese for the main course.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sounds like fun. Chief will miss the first game due to a conflict with the Giants/Patriots. True, it’s just a preseason game but from a business perspective if Chief was AD there would be a hard and fast rule - you don’t compete on the calendar with the Patriots and Giants. This usually happens in Men’s basketball but of course holds true for football. It never ends well for us attendance or rating wise. We need to be smarter.

dude the yard goats will steal more attendance

Husky25

Reaction Score
There is just so much wrong with this post, I can't even begin.

It reminds me of the time OTP tried to demonstrate that the NFL was losing popularity (and then trying to play it off) based a still photo of half empty stands from the 4th quarter of a pre-season week 1 game between the Seahawks (41) and Chargers (17) played in a soccer stadium.

C

Chief00

dude the yard goats will steal more attendance
I was unaware the Yardgoats were on TV. Still think the AD should have a hard and fast rule - don’t compete with local NFL teams and NFL playoff football games. It’s called doing your due diligence.

C

Chief00

He would have scheduled it for 11:11 - problem solved.
Ok thanks for the great opportunity to educate.
Question: Do you think there is scheduling flexibility in a Wagner pay game? If your answer is No, enroll in a Business 101 class.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was unaware the Yardgoats were on TV. Still think the AD should have a hard and fast rule - don’t compete with local NFL teams and NFL playoff football games. It’s called doing your due diligence.

uconn isnt on tv either really. there isn’t any rating to impact.

the nfl preseason? come on. the fourth game that nobody plays in?

as for basketball i think i heard something about them trying to get away from the sunday afternoon league they were in

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Ok thanks for the great opportunity to educate.
Question: Do you think there is scheduling flexibility in a Wagner pay game? If your answer is No, enroll in a Business 101 class.

yes saturday against labor day weekend activities.

wow what a great option from business 101

Reaction Score
You realize a college schedule is put together well in advance of the NFL preseason schedule, no?
No, he doesn't. This is the guy that tried to tell us we had an 11:11 AM kickoff in East Hartford.
yes saturday against labor day weekend activities.

wow what a great option from business 101
Biggest moran on the board. I wish there was a way to ignore his posts on the basketball board, and bump all his posts on the football board right to the top so his combination of arrogance and ignorance could be on full display.

Reaction Score
What's on the Bill O' Fare?

Wagner is on Staten Island, so them coming from NYC, it could be anything. I'm thinking an appetizer of steamers and clams (one guy has a mild allergy, so I need another idea as well.) and then perhaps open face NY Strip with roasted red peppers, onions, and cheese for the main course.

As to "Bill O' Fare", see separate thread...

Reaction Score
Chief, I know you are a real fan of UConn, but that is the most lame excuse I have seen for a while. DVR the preseason game and go support UConn.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Chief, I know you are a real fan of UConn, but that is the most lame excuse I have seen for a while. DVR the preseason game and go support UConn.
Can't get any more casual. There is no response or justification.

Last edited:
C

Chief00

uconn isnt on tv either really.

the nfl preseason? come on. the fourth game that nobody plays in?

as for basketball i think i heard something about them trying to get away from the sunday afternoon league they were in
I was referring to Patriots vs Giants being on TV. The game is on the NBC affiliates in NYC and Boston. This covers a decent portion of Eastern and Southwestern CT. True, to your point not the impact the a regular season game has which is televised by affiliates based in New Haven and Hartford but still a factor given a football base demographic.

Husky25

Reaction Score
A couple of friends and I have an ongoing debate about how much youd have to pay us to go to an NFL preseason game.

It’s town car + comped food and beverage and about $300 in cash.

Because I am a Redskins fan (was growing up) and follow the Patriots, my brother wanted to unload his Wk1 PS tix on me last year. Had I said yes, they would have probably been for face value. As it turned out, I was too busy and my son's birthday party was that weekend.

It's ridiculous how preseason games are the same price as the regular season. The only one worth anything is week 3, and now teams (The Colts) are beginning to hold their regulars out of that one as well.

C

Chief00

A couple of friends and I have an ongoing debate about how much youd have to pay us to go to an NFL preseason game.

It’s town car + comped food and beverage and about $300 in cash.

It I am the guy that likes to attend college practices too ! LOL But at least those are free and a couple bottles of water.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
I was referring to Patriots vs Giants being on TV. The game is on the NBC affiliates in NYC and Boston. This covers a decent portion of Eastern and Southwestern CT. True, to your point not the impact the a regular season game has which is televised by affiliates based in New Haven and Hartford but still a factor given a football base demographic.

Please stop talking out your keyster.
1) A game broadcast on NY and Hartford affiliates covers the whole state.
2) Please continue to ignore the actual fact that the Wagner game was scheduled in, at the absolute latest, February of 2019, and the Giants / Pats was announced on April 9th.

C

Chief00

Please stop talking out your keyster.
1) A game broadcast on NY and Hartford affiliates covers the whole state.
2) Please continue to ignore the actual fact that the Wagner game was scheduled in, at the absolute latest, February of 2019, and the Giants / Pats was announced on April 9th.
You just don’t get it. I said the game was broadcast from Boston (NBC ) and NYC (NBC) and cited the correct coverage areas.
Please don’t take offense, but Chief gets many questions or requests and I need to prioritize and allocate my limited free time in part on the capability of both parties to carry on a productive conversation on a subject. Therefore, unfortunately I won’t be continuing this particular back and forth.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
You just don’t get it. I said the game was broadcast from Boston (NBC ) and NYC (NBC) and cited the correct coverage areas.
Please don’t take offense, but Chief gets many questions or requests and I need to prioritize and allocate my limited free time in part on the capability of both parties to carry on a productive conversation on a subject. Therefore, unfortunately I won’t be continuing this particular back and forth.

Um, yes, and you were wrong.
I was referring to Patriots vs Giants being on TV. The game is on the NBC affiliates in NYC and Boston. This covers a decent portion of Eastern and Southwestern CT.

Of course you'll stop talking when you're shown to be a moran (again). Typical.
You're also now on the record of skipping 1 of 6 UConn home games for an NFL exhibition, and a useless one, at that.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom