Syracuse | The Boneyard

Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This is absolutely disgusting, and I truly hope it turns out to be not true and none of this has any effect at all, but would this new story at SU affect their move to the ACC?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
but would this new story at SU affect their move to the ACC?

Nope. Nor do I think it should. The alleged victim says he never notified Boeheim. The University was not notified on the alleged action until 2005 and it immediately opened an internal investigation. Syracuse City Police are reopening the case and SU says it will fully comply. This is not Penn State II.

Reaction Score
Disgusting if true. With a new victim just coming forward, this will get interesting. Statute of limitations or not (and IMO there should be no staute of limitations on crime) the fact they just put Fine on administrative leave, in light if new news, is telling. Sad state of affairs, and you just have to wonder how deep and how wide spread these types of despicable actions really are.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I'm not buying this story - not at all.

Reaction Score
i would have never guessed that this type of thing was widespread in sports, but remember the NHL player that hired a hitman to kill his junior league coach in canada? i can't remember his name, but i remember reading at the time that it was a problem in canadian junior hockey leagues. if it can happen at two of the highest profile schools in their respective sports, it seems like it could be even more rampant in the lower levels.

Reaction Score
Why does this alleged incident have a statute of limitations but not PSU's?

Reaction Score
Why does this alleged incident have a statute of limitations but not PSU's?

The Penn State allegations continue up until about 5 years ago.

The Syracuse allegations are over 20 years old (reportedly stopped in 1990 or so).

Additionally, you have different states, which may also have different statute of limitations

Reaction Score
I just looked it up. In PA it's up to 12 years past the victim's 18th birthday.

Reaction Score
In Connecticut, it's something like 30 years beyond age 18.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
This feels completely different than PSU. Boeheim's comfort with saying that these are lies is much different than the vow of silence PSU took after their accusations.

Reaction Score
Boeheim is definitely telling a little bit of a fib. He said point blank that he has NEVER been in Fine's room on the road. That is not believable at all. He has probably been on the road with Fine over 1000 times over 35 years and he is the top assistant and he has never been in his room? The other thing is if these kids travelled with Cuse, how does he not at least question that? Should be easy enough to prove - I am sure these guys have pictures and souveniers. At best it is bad judgment by Cuse/Fine/JB is these kids went on these trips and stayed with Fine in his room. Kinda creepy.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The PSU situation is over a GJ indictment. This Syracuse thing is one ESPN reporter and the testimony of two individuals. The new thing in this story is a second individual coming forward which didn't occur in 2005 when the story first broke.

I'm suspicious of these two "victims". Something in the way they are speaking about events seems to0 pat or rehearsed with one another. This is purely speculation on my part. They can be victims which would be really sad. On the other hand Davis could have been trying to get money from Syracuse and thought he had a shot in 05 when the scandals with the Catholic Church came out. And now he's in collaboration with his step brother and they are piggy backing the PSU scandal. That would be just as sad because Fine is the victim in this case.

FWIW, my wife is unsure of the veracity of these two victims regarding their testimony. From her knowledge pedophiles are much more manipulative and less physically overt in their approach to their victims. So in her mind their testimony doesn't sync with actual situations. She's not ready to dismiss these two guys, and there is something about their testimony that has her perplexed. But she can't put her finger on it to determine if they are fabricating everything or just some details.

I'm waiting until more evidence comes out one way or the other on this one.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Once again, I'll wait for the questions to be answered, but something doesn't fit with commonly expected behavior of abusers and victims here.
Only corroboration is a relative, many years after the fact. Police should be able to find other victims there, almost always are.
The victim seem very open and eager to talk to the media, most don't.
The claimed abuse when on until he was 27!! Outside of some disability or extortion, that doesn't seem possible to me in the context given to date.

No matter the outcome of this case, the world just sucks sometimes. Either we have a scumbag pedophile, or a scumbag hustler.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Interesting link that Dez tweeted. There is more and more crap going on that doesn't portray ESPN in a positive light. It feels like ESPN is very close to having serious legal issues about how they do business. After reading that recently released ESPN book, it is obvious that ESPN is so driven by power and greed that smart business decisions are not always made.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/1...ne-allegations-espn-accuser-outside-the-lines

Reaction Score
I'm not buying this story - not at all.
Neither am I. Something does not compute with the Davis story. JB says in an interview that the reason that Davis went on the road with them was that he was the babysitter for Fine's kids.

Reaction Score
This feels completely different than PSU. Boeheim's comfort with saying that these are lies is much different than the vow of silence PSU took after their accusations.

Graham Spanier said unequivocally that Curley and Schultz were truthful.

Reaction Score
Interesting link that Dez tweeted. There is more and more crap going on that doesn't portray ESPN in a positive light. It feels like ESPN is very close to having serious legal issues about how they do business. After reading that recently released ESPN book, it is obvious that ESPN is so driven by power and greed that smart business decisions are not always made.

http://www.nunesmagician.com/2011/1...ne-allegations-espn-accuser-outside-the-lines

LOL, they talk about the honest Pete Thamel, the guy who totally smeared Calhoun with all sorts of BS and lies. Ridiculous.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
agree

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My basic faith in the goodness of human nature has let me down once again.

When will I ever learn?!

(You're a nugget.)

Reaction Score
How about now? ;)
Well add me to the list, because I wasn't buying it, and I was wrong! I can't believe how ugly this situation has turned out to be.

Reaction Score
Maybe a lawyer or other legal mind can help. Why would the investigation be taken over by the US Attorney office and the Secret Service as reported by ESPN?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Maybe a lawyer or other legal mind can help. Why would the investigation be taken over by the US Attorney office and the Secret Service as reported by ESPN?
transporting children over state lines for sexual purposes? Internet kiddie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom