Syracuse | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Syracuse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
y'all are watching zellers worst game in a while. all of indiana is sucking right now...they're a fast break team and their failing. cuse was not a good matchup for them.

Reaction Score
Cuse is a problem in this tourney. They've obviously got the zone clicking well and three straight teams haven't been able to solve it at all. They aren't all stupid. Not sure where their kryptonite is - Marquette isn't the answer, I don't think.

Once a decade, they actually have a good run in them. This could be the 10's run.

Reaction Score
florida or GOAT coast will take them out if necessary

Don't want Florida either. Don't want Donovan joining the three rings club. I don't know - maybe thats the lesser of two problems. Theres still Duke lurking too.

I guess the thing is that when you root against people, life goes on. Squid won last year, which was awful, but the sun still rises in the east.

Reaction Score
I don't care who wins. We just need to get back on the horse next year.

Reaction Score
Don't want Florida either. Don't want Donovan joining the three rings club. I don't know - maybe thats the lesser of two problems. Theres still Duke lurking too.

I guess the thing is that when you root against people, life goes on. Squid won last year, which was awful, but the sun still rises in the east.

I think our list of teams to root against has gotten too long, to the point where it's increasingly tougher to prevent at least one of them from winning it all (or getting far in the tourney) in any given year.

Reaction Score
I think our list of teams to root against has gotten too long, to the point where it's increasingly tougher to prevent at least one of them from winning it all (or getting far in the tourney) in any given year.

Very true. I mean, it'd be nice if FGCU or Wichita could win the whole thing, but odds are someone is going to move up the multiple-ring chart, or someone will win from amongst our ex-conference rivals that we'd rather not.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Funny thing, for $39.99 one can buy a DVD with Boeheim himself teaching you how to beat the 2-3 zone. You'd think IU could've scraped up that much. Crean looked clueless.

Reaction Score
Cuse going to win the national championship if MCW plays like this

Hush up!!! :) If the Cuse wins it all, the championship paraphernalia should all be black and include tee shirts and mugs with a large image of Boewhine picking his nose(plenty of game photos to choose from). A Cuse championship would put a serious damper on what has been a very entertaining tournament. I can't even fathom the thought. THANKS FOR NOTHING( A BIG FREAKIN' NOTHING!) INDIANA!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Hush up!!! :) If the Cuse wins it all, the championship paraphernalia should all be black and include tee shirts and mugs with a large image of Boewhine picking his nose(plenty of game photos to choose from). A Cuse championship would put a serious damper on what has been a very entertaining tournament. I can't even fathom the thought. THANKS FOR NOTHING( A BIG FREAKIN' NOTHING!) INDIANA!!!

GO HUSKIES!!!

The thing is while it is entertaining the facts remain there are a lot of overrated teams. Tonight will be interesting to see who steps up as there are more high profile programs clashing......curious to see of the rest of the B10 lays an Easter egg too?? You watch this tourney and know if the Huskies went in healthy, they could easily have scrapped their way in to this weekend and then who knows........I mean Indiana couldn't guard MCW who has been close to awful? What a joke Crean is, his team never saw a zone before and threw up (literally) 50!!! .................

Reaction Score
One bright spot.....................at least we don't have to hear about an all Big 10 final four. As a loyal big east traditionalist, I was getting real tired of hearing how good the Big 10 was this year.

Reaction Score
Figures. Every other year I pulled for the Big East to do well and represent in the Tournament, and Syracuse always disappointed. Now that the conference is falling apart and I want Syracuse to fall flat on their face, they suddenly figure out how to play in March.

Reaction Score
The Big East will obviously go out as the best basketball conference ever. Keeping the basketball schools in was kinda worth it. Even some Syracuse fans will acknowledge it as the best ever.

Reaction Score
Funny thing, for $39.99 one can buy a DVD with Boeheim himself teaching you how to beat the 2-3 zone. You'd think IU could've scraped up that much. Crean looked clueless.

And Cuse fans still blame Calhoun for telling America how to beat it.

Reaction Score
One bright spot.....................at least we don't have to hear about an all Big 10 final four. As a loyal big east traditionalist, I was getting real tired of hearing how good the Big 10 was this year.

The possibilities are there, however, for an all Big10 final or an all-BE final.

Reaction Score
We've been bashing Cuse for their lack of runs--but two straight E8 runs is really solid.

I'll pull for Marquette, Michigan, FGC, Michigan State, Witchita State. I won't be terribly upset if any of those teams win. Louisville ties us for titles if they win, and definitively moves past us historically.

Reaction Score
We've been bashing Cuse for their lack of runs--but two straight E8 runs is really solid.

I'll pull for Marquette, Michigan, FGC, Michigan State, Witchita State. I won't be terribly upset if any of those teams win. Louisville ties us for titles if they win, and definitively moves past us historically.

You could say that about Michigan State, too. Plus being tied with Kansas right now is kind of cool company. That's the trouble with paying attention to the history scoreboard - there are so few teams that it feels like it is OK for them to win. Marquette and Michigan seem like the best options, and I don't think either have a great chance. Maybe Ohio State is ok, even though they won back in the early 60's.

Reaction Score

Your right, lets now crush them for failing as a program :

Just Throw a Dart

sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using tapatalk

Reaction Score
You could say that about Michigan State, too. Plus being tied with Kansas right now is kind of cool company. That's the trouble with paying attention to the history scoreboard - there are so few teams that it feels like it is OK for them to win. Marquette and Michigan seem like the best options, and I don't think either have a great chance. Maybe Ohio State is ok, even though they won back in the early 60's.
Honestly, I forgot MSU had two titles. So, yeah, I guess they aren't a team to pull.

That said...I don't think we go for the same recruits at the moment, and I think Izzo is up there with K and Pitino as the best coaches currently doing their job, so I wouldn't be offended if he won.

This is going to go over poorly, but I wouldn't cry myself to sleep if Duke won. They are already ahead of us in titles, K isn't a sleaze, and they don't have an overly obnoxious punchable player a la Reddick/Paulus/WoJo/Langdon/Battier/etc.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I know people love him around here, but I've always rooted against Izzo. I always thought of him in direct competition with Calhoun in terms of postseason accomplishments, especially before we won that last title. Stupid reason, probably.

Also, as mentioned elsewhere, it makes the list of teams I'm OK with winning really short. Michigan would be fine with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom