Syracuse vs Mississippi St - 12/21/17 | The Boneyard

Syracuse vs Mississippi St - 12/21/17

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
MSU leads 22-18 after 1Q.

Syracuse is really an entertaining team to watch, with their chaos-inducing full-court pressure.

Blair Schaefer has hit three 3s so far, but Syracuse has hit some big shots as well.

I really like Syracuse point guard Tiana Mangakahia. She is leading the nation in assists at 11.4 per game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
MSU leads 22-18 after 1Q.

Syracuse is really an entertaining team to watch, with their chaos-inducing full-court pressure.

Blair Schaefer has hit three 3s so far, but Syracuse has hit some big shots as well.

I really like Syracuse point guard Tiana Mangakahia. She is leading the nation in assists at 11.4 per game.

This is the kinda team that sounds like trouble..... at least trouble for a team that I root for

Plebe

Reaction Score
Syracuse has no size to match up with McCowan. They are doing their best to front her at all times in their zone and deny her touches, but McCowan just towers over each of them.

Syracuse is a decent team and I believe they can finish 4th or 5th the ACC and make the NCAA tournament again. But they don't quite have the horses to run with Mississippi State. The fouls are also an issue. Syracuse has 3 players with 3 fouls each already.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Not to hijack the thread but i want to see McGowan battle Kalani Brown. 2 6-7 Post players. But that would require Mulkey to play Mississippi State. Unless it’s an NCAA matchup it isn’t gonna happen.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Not to hijack the thread but i want to see McGowan battle Kalani Brown. 2 6-7 Post players. But that would require Mulkey to play Mississippi State. Unless it’s an NCAA matchup it isn’t gonna happen.
Well, it happened in last year's tournament. Overtime battle won by MSU.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Syracuse is a decent team and put up a game fight, but falls from the unbeaten ranks.

That leaves seven undefeated teams in D1: UConn, Mississippi State, Louisville, Tennessee, West Virginia, Villanova, Ball State.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Syracuse has no size to match up with McCowan. They are doing their best to front her at all times in their zone and deny her touches, but McCowan just towers over each of them.

Syracuse is a decent team and I believe they can finish 4th or 5th the ACC and make the NCAA tournament again. But they don't quite have the horses to run with Mississippi State. The fouls are also an issue. Syracuse has 3 players with 3 fouls each already.

After whom?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Notre Dame, Louisville, Duke, Florida State.

Originally I had Syracuse in a 5 team group along with NC State, UNC, VPI, and Miami as the teams that would finish 7-11 in the conference.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Originally I had Syracuse in a 5 team group along with NC State, UNC, VPI, and Miami as the teams that would finish 7-11 in the conference.
And I'm assuming you had Virginia and someone else (Georgia Tech?) included in the top 6?

I believe that Syracuse is little better than both of those teams, based on how teams have played so far. They were a big question mark coming into the season, since they've had to replace so many players. But they've been better than I thought they'd be. Their point guard is very good IMO.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And I'm assuming you had Virginia and someone else (Georgia Tech?) included in the top 6?

I believe that Syracuse is little better than both of those teams, based on how teams have played so far. They were a big question mark coming into the season, since they've had to replace so many players. But they've been better than I thought they'd be. Their point guard is very good IMO.

Originally I had...

1) ND 2) Duke 3) FSU 4) Louisville 5) GaTech 6) UVA 7) NC State 8) Miami 9) Syracuse 10) UNC 11) VPI 12) Wake Forest 13) Clemson 14) Pitt 15) Boston College

Syracuse was a wild-card...... we will see how they stand in the ACC fairly soon .... first 5 games..... @ ND, @ UVA Home vs FSU, Ga Tech.... then @ NC State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom