OT: Syracuse & NCAA Update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Syracuse & NCAA Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
By the way, since I've written the lyrics for you student section, I'd like to point out the obvious that you do the "Johnny Football" money gesture during your "Y".

Thanks.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Young man
theres a place you can go
I said young man
if your needing some dough
I said young man you just have to play zone
you dont need to guard any one

I'm Gettin Paid by the YMCA
Second verse!

young man
heres a place you can come
I said young man
if your needing some love

I'm Getting Laid by Laurie
I'm Getting Laid by Laurie
And everything is just Fine

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
OMG I can't wait to sing this the next time we play them.

yep, if I were on the pep band, I'd definitely add that sone in if we were still playing them.

Reaction Score
By the way, since I've written the lyrics for you student section, I'd like to point out the obvious that you do the "Johnny Football" money gesture during your "Y".

Thanks.
you're good at this...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm not stating as fact. Just answering on how it could have been done. Read all the post.
I reread it and still didn't realize it was an opinion. Won't be the first time I miss something nor the last time!
Well I re read it again after reading upstaters post. Got it this time. Thirds the charm.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
OkaForPrez: 1129528 said:
Young man
I said young man

I'm giving you a standing ovation.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Young man
I said young man

Vacating,
wins for a decade or more
'Cuse may be vacating,
wins back to 2004
so it's too bad, if Melo was your hero
because four is greater than zero.

You were getting paid by the YMCA
You can't be paid by the YMCA,
so you may have relied on some NCAA planners
but you now are down to your imaginary banners.

Reaction Score
How does a smalltime operation like one single YMCA (the one here in Buffalo does not have a huge budget) not notice that much money go missing? I wonder if someone was funneling the money into the YMCA. I then wonder who paid off the $350k so this guy wouldn't go to jail. I also wonder who gave him a job in the state's DOT at $84k a year??!??!?!

In Albany, the YMCA is big business. So that's a comparable. Albany's Y has built 6/7 new centers in the major suburbs. Given my eye on the square footage & fit-up, that's $25-40m a pop. That's a Ton of graft that you can have. Plus, Albany has no SU Football or Hoop in a bigger market. SU guys are stars in that area code. So, cash flows to the major CEO & there is an internship Progran whereby autographs & personal appearances are currency.

The Child & Family Studies major bugs me too. With all the work that athletes put in, I'd far prefer a Kinesiology orientation than the Aftican studies or Family BS. Mix in a cafeteria assortment of liberal arts: that's a solid degree for a kid.

Reaction Score
Vacating,
wins for a decade or more
'Cuse may be vacating,
wins back to 2004
so it's too bad, if Melo was your hero
because four is greater than zero.

You were getting paid by the YMCA
You can't be paid by the YMCA,
so you may have relied on some NCAA planners
but you now are down to your imaginary banners.

LOL! C'mon, now. They're Helms Championships.

How dare you call them imaginary! If not for them, the Cuse is 3 championships from catching us. Oh, wait..........

Reaction Score
The Child & Family Studies major bugs me too. With all the work that athletes put in, I'd far prefer a Kinesiology orientation than the Aftican studies or Family BS. Mix in a cafeteria assortment of liberal arts: that's a solid degree for a kid.

I've never heard of Child Studies, but African-American Studies is a very real and solid degree. First of all, 90% of the AA degrees in this country are interdisciplinary. Which means they are not departments as such, there are no AA professors as such, they are all affiliates of other departments, with cross-posted courses that count toward an AA degree. So to say an AA degree isn't solid is the same as saying English or History or Poli Sci isn't solid. I've also seen courses in Biology (race and genetics) or even Health-related stuff.

As always this wiki entry is unsatisfactory but paints a fair general brush over what AA is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African-American_studies

Reaction Score
Pudge said:
With all the work that athletes put in, I'd far prefer a Kinesiology orientation than the Aftican studies or Family BS. Mix in a cafeteria assortment of liberal arts: that's a solid degree for a kid.

The Africana studies department where I went to school was populated with some heavy hitters in the world of academia. It's unfortunate that the Carolina mess is going to feed the inaccurate perception that it's somehow a lesser discipline. Meanwhile, we had no kinesiology available but isn't that basically a degree in stretching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom