Syracuse in the Crosshairs | The Boneyard

Syracuse in the Crosshairs

Reaction Score
I'd say that the combination of the Syracuse snub of Geno's request for a "homecoming" game for Breanna Stewart last year and the fact that their guards, Alexis Peterson and Brittney Sykes, have been proclaiming themselves to be "America's best backcourt" is sufficient motivation for Geno to unleash the dogs this evening.

I predict a record-setting margin of defeat for Syracuse in NCAA Tournament play. I don't know what the current record is but I would not be surprised if tonight's margin is at least one point larger.

Reaction Score
Maybe. I doubt that Geno can be bothered with a revenge slaughter. I'm anticipating a sound thrashing but not a conscious effort at humiliation and devastation. Those could be side effects.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kia and Saniya are definitely motivated to prove to Syracuse that they don't have the best guards in the country. However, I think the game will not be a blow out and Syracuse will manage to keep the game relatively close. UConn wins, but by less then 20 points. Could the game be a blow, definitely if Syracuse is not hitting their three point shots at 35% or higher. If I'm Syracuse, I'm taking fewer three point shots then usual and having guards driving into the lane to draw fouls and make UConn go to their bench. For Syracuse to win, UConn's Core 4 have to be in Serious foul trouble early in the game or hit their three points shots at 50% or higher rate.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
As for the final score, much will depend on how well Syracuse shoots from 3. The Orange both, "live by the sword and die by the sword."

Against a slow, overmatched IO St team, Syracuse was 15 for 29 from 3. In last year's championship game with the Huskies, I believe Syracuse was 2 for 19.

Reaction Score
I'd say that the combination of the Syracuse snub of Geno's request for a "homecoming" game for Breanna Stewart last year and the fact that their guards, Alexis Peterson and Brittney Sykes, have been proclaiming themselves to be "America's best backcourt" is sufficient motivation for Geno to unleash the dogs this evening.

I predict a record-setting margin of defeat for Syracuse in NCAA Tournament play. I don't know what the current record is but I would not be surprised if tonight's margin is at least one point larger.
Baylor just set that record, 89 pts (119-30). I think that might be out of reach, but I hope we tie it.

Reaction Score
Baylor just set that record, 89 pts (119-30). I think that might be out of reach, but I hope we tie it.

I'm not saying UConn's margin of victory tonight will surpass the all time NCAA tournament margin of victory record, I'm saying Syracuse's margin of defeat tonight will be larger than their previous largest margin of defeat to UConn. They lost to UConn by 31 in last years national championship game, but I don't know what their all-time largest margin of defeat is to UConn.

More than Geno though, I think the players may be extra-motivated. I loved Geno's comment at yesterday's press conference that his team has done pretty well this year without having the best backcourt in the country. Geno loves the bon mot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom