Syracuse @ Georgia Tech - 2/02/21

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
32-16, Georgia Tech, halfway through Q2.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ga Tech wins. Between Cunane, Kitley, Cubaj, and Cardosa... the ACC might have the best collection of Centers in the country

Tech should be ranked.

They were ranked in my BY Poll

Reaction Score
Tech should be ranked.

They are clear-cut #3 team of the ACC right now, behind NC State and UL, that's for sure. They have had a path of not-so-great resistance for their current 6-game win streak, but they do seem to be gelling a bit as a team, or finding some good momentum in how they play as a team. I could see them go 7-1 in their last 8 games of the reg. season - the one loss to Louisville - and finish 17-4 heading into the conf. tourny. Not too shabby.....

Reaction Score
Nell and her staff are doing a very good job so far this season.

Curious, I know they signed a phenomenal freshmen class (this years freshmen) but did they not sign anyone this past fall?

Reaction Score
Syracuse 0-4 from FT line. How?

Only been able to see the box score, but to add onto your observation:

Syracuse only getting to the line twice....how? Syracuse losing the rebounding battle by 10 boards....how?

Definitely agree that Georgia Tech has won some impressive games this season. Don't think they're getting enough credit in the ACC as they should.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I didn't get to see this game, but if Syracuse only got to the FT line 4 times, that tells me that either Syracuse didn't rely much on Cardoso or GT did an excellent job of not fouling when Cardoso DID get the ball inside.

Now, I'm curious about what the box score shows. Cardoso was 9 of 12 from the field. Only 24 fouls called in the entire game...15 on Syracuse and 9 on GT. That would explain, some, why the Orange only shot 4 FT. GT was 16 of 21 from the FT line.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
This is the longest ACC regular-season win streak for GT since joining the ACC in 1980.

Reaction Score
I didn't get to see this game, but if Syracuse only got to the FT line 4 times, that tells me that either Syracuse didn't rely much on Cardoso or GT did an excellent job of not fouling when Cardoso DID get the ball inside.

Now, I'm curious about what the box score shows. Cardoso was 9 of 12 from the field. Only 24 fouls called in the entire game...15 on Syracuse and 9 on GT. That would explain, some, why the Orange only shot 4 FT. GT was 16 of 21 from the FT line.

Thanks for expanding on the free throw differential.

The post play in this game must have been something though. Forgot that Hermosa plays for GT. I liked what I saw when she's played for Spain.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
This was a HUGE win for Georgia Tech, putting them solidly in third place behind Louisville and NC State in the conference standings...and now 2 games ahead of 4th-place Syracuse. Actually, given GT has played two more conference games than NC State, those two teams are technically tied for second place, with Louisville one game ahead.

The ACC decried earlier in the year that conference winning percentage will determine the regular season champion, so unless Louisville stubs their toe again, they will take the regular season crown, since NC State will play fewer conference games.

It has taken a while, but the top 3 in the ACC have now opened up a gap between themselves and the rest of the conference teams.

If both teams keep winning, the Louisville/GT showdown on February 11th will be huge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom