Syracuse beat Duke + UConn beat the Orange + var(Duke wins NC) = UConn Mythical Boneyard NC | The Boneyard

Syracuse beat Duke + UConn beat the Orange + var(Duke wins NC) = UConn Mythical Boneyard NC

Reaction Score
This is my big time and completely insane reach for some sort of silver lining to this year's dumpster fire.

I kind of feel that this year's field is pretty wide open and there might be about eight to ten teams that could cut down the nets when it's all said and done.

I have not watched nearly as much college basketball as I have in the past, but there are some exciting players in this year's field led by Zion Williamson who is probably the biggest freak of nature I've seen since LeBron James. Though LeBron never set foot on a college basketball court. Zion looks like a man among boys out there on the court.

He might be the most complete college player I've ever seen as far as a combination of power, athleticism, inside and outside shot-making, defending, shot-blocking, stepping into passing lanes and stealing the ball, running the floor, finishing in transition, punishing the rim, punishing players and flat out doing something on the court that makes you jump out of your seat.

I still hate Dook, but they have some crazy young talent on that team led by Zion. What might be their undoing is their lack of depth and outside shooting, and of course their youth. I could see foul trouble and/or a cold shooting night, where it gets in their head, be their undoing at some point in the tournament.

It stinks there's no UConn in the tournament again, but it looks like an interesting field and an entertaining event nonetheless.

Reaction Score
You got me with the click bait title, thought it may have a chance at the most ridiculous BY post of the season. I clicked only to find out you wanted a real discussion on this years tourney. Well played.

While I can’t see duke losing, I know they have looked their age at certain points. To win, they need to find ways to get through those tough moments in a few games. I think the Big 10 will have a good showing. Feel ACC will show some faults, May have 1 team in final four, not 3 like everyone predicts. big east is weak, no one in second weekend. Iowa state is the only big 12 team I see having a shot at Minneapolis.

As for AAC, Houston may make a second weekend, but they rely too much on their 3 play makers, if they catch a team with aggressive defenses, they’ll struggle. Temple over Belmont? I hope only for Fran’s going away party, respect for a good coach at the end.

Hope for chaos, but still want entertaining games across the board. Cheers.

Reaction Score
You got me with the click bait title, thought it may have a chance at the most ridiculous BY post of the season. I clicked only to find out you wanted a real discussion on this years tourney. Well played.

While I can’t see duke losing, I know they have looked their age at certain points. To win, they need to find ways to get through those tough moments in a few games. I think the Big 10 will have a good showing. Feel ACC will show some faults, May have 1 team in final four, not 3 like everyone predicts. big east is weak, no one in second weekend. Iowa state is the only big 12 team I see having a shot at Minneapolis.

As for AAC, Houston may make a second weekend, but they rely too much on their 3 play makers, if they catch a team with aggressive defenses, they’ll struggle. Temple over Belmont? I hope only for Fran’s going away party, respect for a good coach at the end.

Hope for chaos, but still want entertaining games across the board. Cheers.
Just having a little fun. I really didn't know where I was going to go with the rest of the post. I thought you had some really interesting observations. I'm just hoping for some entertaining down-to-the-wire games and witness some talented young basketball players, some who will find their way to the League.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman
Top Bottom