Syracuse -5 v UConn | The Boneyard

Syracuse -5 v UConn

Reaction Score
I agree. I think a lot is going to depend on how long our big guys can stay on the floor. If the officials start calling touch fouls inside we could be in trouble but if we can keep one of Diarra, Cobb or Carlton on the floor we should be ok. I’m assuming we will put Anderson on Battle and try to lock him down with Vital guarding him when Anderson needs a break.

Reaction Score
It's all about playing against the zone. We make shots, we get Larrier to the foul line, JA, AG, CV, AA attack the zone, we make a few 3's, we take it down.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Looks like KenPom 3 point spread with 2 point injury adjustment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It's all about playing the zone. We make shots, we get Larrier to the foul line, JA, AG, CV, AA attack the zone, we make a few 3's, we take it down.
That's a whole lot of ifs, but yeah. I'm not fond of the term, but if we end up playing hero ball, it will be a long night. Move the ball, attack and dish, we can do fine. Calhoun used to shred the Cuse zone and our defense contained them offensively. It is a known model, let's see if the 2017 Huskies can execute it.

We're Doomed!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If we can string together 40 min, or even 35 min of not sleepwalking, I like our chances.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
That's a whole lot of ifs, but yeah. I'm not fond of the term, but if we end up playing hero ball, it will be a long night. Move the ball, attack and dish, we can do fine. Calhoun used to shred the Cuse zone and our defense contained them offensively. It is a known model, let's see if the 2017 Huskies can execute it.

We're Doomed!

Unfortunately we dont have the horses to run the multitude of ways JC used to exploit that zone. He was a huge guy about hitting short corner base line stuff to abuse Cuse. But you need 2 bigs (1 High one baseline) who are good passers, can shoot the 10 foot side jumper and can finish at the rim one on one against the Cuse big in the middle. We really dont have that. Not yet.

Im content just seeing solid foul line execution. Larrier is going to be there. He needs to be smart. He needs to sink a couple foul line jumpers and then start looking for Adams and Vital on the wings for drives or triples when Cuse starts trying to take that away. If we make shots I think running that stuff 80% of the time is enough. If we cant? Doomed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately we dont have the horses to run the multitude of ways JC used to exploit that zone. He was a huge guy about hitting short corner base line stuff to abuse Cuse. But you need 2 bigs (1 High one baseline) who are good passers, can shoot the 10 foot side jumper and can finish at the rim one on one against the Cuse big in the middle. We really dont have that. Not yet.

Im content just seeing solid foul line execution. Larrier is going to be there. He needs to be smart. He needs to sink a couple foul line jumpers and then start looking for Adams and Vital on the wings for drives or triples when Cuse starts trying to take that away. If we make shots I think running that stuff 80% of the time is enough. If we cant? Doomed.
It will be very tough if we can't hit baseline jumpers, no doubt. JC also used the foul line jumper to breakdown the Cuse zone. Larrier is tailor made for that. Agree 100% needing good post passing to make that happen. We've seen flashes of it. It isn't clear whether we're ready to execute it yet.

So, we're doomed.

Reaction Score
Someone (Larrier) needs to find a soft spot in the zone around the foul line and the guards need to find a way to get it him. If he can hit that 12-15 footer we will be in decent shape. If not our stellar offense scheme of passing the ball back and forth around the 3 point line until there is 8 seconds on the shot clock probably doesn’t get it done.

Reaction Score
Syracuse is not a good team so we need to win or at least take it to the wire.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
spread is -6.5 cuse now 71% of the public money is on cuse.

Reaction Score
Someone (Larrier) needs to find a soft spot in the zone around the foul line and the guards need to find a way to get it him. If he can hit that 12-15 footer we will be in decent shape. If not our stellar offense scheme of passing the ball back and forth around the 3 point line until there is 8 seconds on the shot clock probably doesn’t get it done.

Thanks

Reaction Score
No, we need to win... we always need to win!

We especially need to win in MSG - always. In some ways, this is a more important game than a late season, in-conference showdown... Playing in NYC on the big stage has been part of the appeal since the Big East, and the athletic department has been wise to continue that tradition.

#6thBorough

Reaction Score
It will be very tough if we can't hit baseline jumpers, no doubt. JC also used the foul line jumper to breakdown the Cuse zone. Larrier is tailor made for that. Agree 100% needing good post passing to make that happen. We've seen flashes of it. It isn't clear whether we're ready to execute it yet.

So, we're doomed.
So you're saying just to get this straight, that we as a team have to shoot the ball differently than what we have done so far this entire season?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom