Switching From Verizon Wireless | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Switching From Verizon Wireless

Reaction Score
For two cell lines and an apple watch we're paying $250/month, ~$90 of which is towards monthly payments for purchasing our devices.

So that's $160/month for 5 GB of data, total protection plans, cloud storage, talk/text, fees, etc, with our teacher discount.

Is this the reality of cell phone bills nowadays, or are there better options out there? I've done my own research, but there's so much BS to navigate in what is charged, I figured some personal testimonies would be helpful.

I have zero company loyalties.

Help.

Reaction Score
Starting with the premise that all cell phone networks suck, I might me looking to switch from my provider for the last 25 years, Verizon to T-Mobile.

I never considered switching in the past because I've found Verizon's coverage to be excellent. I value that highly. I imagine the other networks also have excellent coverage but I have no way of knowing.

So here's where I stand...I was paying $300/mo. for cable and internet from Spectrum. I switched to Fubo for $100/mo. with Spectrum internet at $75/mo.

Now I'm looking at the cell phone bill. I'm paying about $250/mo. for 5 lines unlimited data. (I own all the phones). T-Mobile says they can provide the same for about $175, plus they'll throw in Netflix (which I cancelled recently) and Apple TV+. I can add 5G home internet for another $30/mo. and drop Spectrum entirely.

So my question....Is T-Mobile's coverage similar to Verizon? I have 1 line that travels internationally routinely and another that spends work-related time (weeks at a time) in So. Cal., Hawaii, Alaska, and Nevada.

What's your experience with T-Mobile?

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Starting with the premise that all cell phone networks suck, I might me looking to switch from my provider for the last 25 years, Verizon to T-Mobile.

I never considered switching in the past because I've found Verizon's coverage to be excellent. I value that highly. I imagine the other networks also have excellent coverage but I have no way of knowing.

So here's where I stand...I was paying $300/mo. for cable and internet from Spectrum. I switched to Fubo for $100/mo. with Spectrum internet at $75/mo.

Now I'm looking at the cell phone bill. I'm paying about $250/mo. for 5 lines unlimited data. (I own all the phones). T-Mobile says they can provide the same for about $175, plus they'll throw in Netflix (which I cancelled recently) and Apple TV+. I can add 5G home internet for another $30/mo. and drop Spectrum entirely.

So my question....Is T-Mobile's coverage similar to Verizon? I have 1 line that travels internationally routinely and another that spends work-related time (weeks at a time) in So. Cal., Hawaii, Alaska, and Nevada.

What's your experience with T-Mobile?
I have Google Fi (still) which is T-Mobile. I think the coverage is surprisingly great everywhere I've been including driving cross country a few times in the past couple of years. Weirdly though, for the last year, my house in Westport is an exception. We have to use wifi calling or our calls are terrible - little service bar.

I haven't pulled the trigger but I'm thinking of switching to Verizon now that their plans are comparable pricewise as my daughter gets great coverage in our house.

Reaction Score
We switched from Verizon to T-Mobile last year and we are in the process of cutting the cord. It doesn't seem like we will save much though.

On a somewhat related note, a house near us in central CT went on the market for $450k and sold for $75k over asking. There are new housing developments in the $1 mill range. And we thought people were leaving CT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99
Top Bottom