Swin | The Boneyard

Swin

Reaction Score
Congrats to Swin Cash voted best woman hs. baketball player ever in western Pa. 2678 pts. 1782 rebounds 566 blocks 399 steals 15 tripple doubles and home coming queen finalist...yeh I know...
Where does "western Pennsylvania" begin?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Where does "western Pennsylvania" begin?

The WPIAL plus the Pittsburgh City League. WPIAL is a nine-county area in southwestern Pennsylvania.

See Districts VII and VIII below:

1586642624404.png

Reaction Score
I'm from Pittsburgh, so I'm familiar with many of the younger players.

Had Ashley Battle chosen a Pittsburgh school instead of the Linsly School in WV, she undoubtedly would have been on this list as well.

Walker-Kimbrough was an incredible high school player. She made the game look so easy. I was shocked when I saw how good of a three-point shooter she became in her junior and senior seasons at Maryland, because that was never her specialty in HS, yet she shot nearly 55% as a junior.

The McConnell sisters were also very good players, and the youngest was rumored to have been the best until injuries derailed her career. After a few not so good years of coaching at Pitt, both are now coaching in the HS ranks.

As @Dillon77 and @Orangutan may know, Muffett has had some great success in Western PA, with Charel Allen, Madison Cable, and (though not eligible for this specific award) Kayla McBride.

But yes, Swin is far and away the most deserving player of this award, by a margin.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Had Ashley Battle chosen a Pittsburgh school instead of the Linsly School in WV, she undoubtedly would have been on this list as well.

Walker-Kimbrough was an incredible high school player. She made the game look so easy. I was shocked when I saw how good of a three-point shooter she became in her junior and senior seasons at Maryland, because that was never her specialty in HS, yet she shot nearly 55% as a junior.

The McConnell sisters were also very good players, and the youngest was rumored to have been the best until injuries derailed her career. After a few not so good years of coaching at Pitt, both are now coaching in the HS ranks.

As @Dillon77 and @Orangutan may know, Muffett has had some great success in Western PA, with Charel Allen, Madison Cable, and (though not eligible for this specific award) Kayla McBride.

But yes, Swin is far and away the most deserving player of this award, by a margin.

Funny you should bring that up: I just did a post on The Bench on where and what kind of high school ND players from post-Skylar came from (interesting mix of public, private and parochial) and I was just noting Maddie's Mt. Lebanon days and Kayla ripping it "up" in Erie. Charel Allen was AOK, too!

Muffet has an incoming frosh from (I believe) Section VI (Blair County) in Bellwood-Antis' Alli Campbell, who -- on weekends -- commuted to Philly to train and play with the Belles, so she's a dedicated sort.
If she can even approach what Maddie did for the Irish, big thumbs up. (I'm not even to go put the pressure of K-Mac on her ;) )

Reaction Score

DaBall, from Oakland. I told Geno at the time he recruited Swin that she would be one of the best players he would ever have. He just nodded his head and said, "We'll see". Oakland Catholic was a hotbed for women's HS basketball for a long time but has sort of run out of steam.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom