Swin Cash to be front office VP for the NBA’s Pelicans [merged threads] | The Boneyard

Swin Cash to be front office VP for the NBA’s Pelicans [merged threads]

skilz

Final Four Bound!
Reaction Score
Being from New Orleans, I LOVE this hire! The Pelicans are on their way up with Zion coming aboard. Great to see the former WBNA/UConn in the NBA!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Great news. Congrats to Swin. Much deserved.

Increasing the participation of women in men's basketball coaching and front office jobs is the path of progress.

As opposed to regressing WBB to the female-only convent system advocated by (cough) *some coaches*.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
So Swin is moving on up. The Pelicans have hired her for the front office, as vice president of basketball operations and team development: LINK HERE

I know I'm going to sound like a "homer" here, because females from other programs have also acquired "meaningful" front office positions in the NBA recently (so be it). Positions that reflect not only their knowledge (understanding) and love of the game, but their playing experience and management (people) skills as well.

Players with a UConn pedigree have been coveted by coaches and GM's in the WNBA for the last two decades. Now they are becoming attractive to NBA presidents and CEO's as well.

Sue Bird, Diana Taurasi, Maya Moore and even Rebecca Lobo would also receive very serious "courting" overtures should they choose to listen to offers for coaching or front office positions.

Kia Nurse and Rene Montgomery would also be good candidates for coaching positions when they're ready. There are many other UConn alums that would be great coaches that I fail to mention. Look at the UConn alums that ARE coaching at this time and building successful programs.

I mentioned in another post that Kara Lawson (Tennessee) is ready right now to be a coach in college or the W. Playing for Geno and UConn does not "guarantee" success, but it sure gives you the tools and preparation to do so, regardless of the direction/path you choose to take after graduation. In a word, it doesn't hurt. Potential recruits, please take note. ;)

Congratulations to our own Swintayla Marie Cash-Canal on her new position with the Pelicans. Madam Vice-President, we know you'll do a great job for the Pelicans.

We know you'll continue to be a high profile representative of the UConn program and a positive role model for young female b-ballers everywhere, as you continue to blaze trails and pave the way for those coming behind you. ;)

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom