Swin Cash On The Program's Culture and Broadcasting. | The Boneyard

Swin Cash On The Program's Culture and Broadcasting.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
In what’s become an off-court tradition for the UConn women’s basketball team, one of Geno Auriemma’s pupils will play a broadcasting role in his pursuit of another milestone Tuesday.

Swin Cash, a former All-American forward and two-time national champion at UConn who won three more titles in the WNBA, will co-anchor the studio portion of CBS Sports Network’s coverage of the Huskies’ 7 p.m. tilt with Oklahoma as her coach looks to collect his 1000th career victory at the Mohegan Sun Arena.

[STORY]

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
In what’s become an off-court tradition for the UConn women’s basketball team, one of Geno Auriemma’s pupils will play a broadcasting role in his pursuit of another milestone Tuesday.

Swin Cash, a former All-American forward and two-time national champion at UConn who won three more titles in the WNBA, will co-anchor the studio portion of CBS Sports Network’s coverage of the Huskies’ 7 p.m. tilt with Oklahoma as her coach looks to collect his 1000th career victory at the Mohegan Sun Arena.

[STORY]

Let the envy/hate for UConn continue :D

“I always say UConn had me pro-ready,” Cash told women’s beat reporter Paul Doyle on the UConn Insider podcast. “I got an opportunity to meet Robin Roberts throughout my collegiate career and pick her brain about certain things and that was one of the biggest influences for me. I think having access [to broadcasters] and playing on television and having media that travels with you — if that’s a field you want to get into, you have opportunities to have key learnings at UConn.”

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Scoop, you didn't mention the podcast with the article! PODCAST PODCAST

"Cash discusses the culture at the core of the Huskies’ sustained excellence (2:20), the adjustment period for recruits (6:00), the lasting effects of being a member of the UConn family (9:00), the growth of women’s basketball nationally (13:45), her transition into a front office role with the New York Liberty at the end of her playing career and the new goals she’s setting for herself as a mom (15:40). Cash and Doyle wrap things up with an update on her broadcasting career, the foundation for which was laid in her collegiate days (20:00)."

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I like that Swin would often take the questions by Doyle which were asked in a certain "conventional" way and answer in a slightly different and very interesting way. Well worth the listen. :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Let the envy/hate for UConn continue :D

“I always say UConn had me pro-ready,” Cash told women’s beat reporter Paul Doyle on the UConn Insider podcast. “I got an opportunity to meet Robin Roberts throughout my collegiate career and pick her brain about certain things and that was one of the biggest influences for me. I think having access [to broadcasters] and playing on television and having media that travels with you — if that’s a field you want to get into, you have opportunities to have key learnings at UConn.”

What an advocate for UConn, and WCBB. I hope Swin has and will continue to pay it forward, and be available to current and future UConn players that will come through the program. Especially to those that express a similar interest in broadcasting (or play at the next level), and also mentor anyone that would seek her out, as she did to Roberts.

"UConn had me pro-ready". A statement of FACT that cannot be ignored or dismissed. I hope the potential UConn recruits are familiar with Cash and her legacy. Playing at the pro level is probably the ultimate goal of most of the top 50 ranked players today. Playing for a program that can provide exposure to an excellent education, and prepare them for professional sports, should be of concern to recruits and their parents, when making that final decision of where to commit and sign. UConn has an excellent track record of preparing those that are seriously planning to play professional women's basketball.

It's no secret that UConn players are highly coveted by WNBA GM's, as well as professional teams overseas. One of the yarders did some research a few months ago to see which school had the most players currently in the W. UConn came out on top.

Last edited by a moderator:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom