Swenson feeding off energy inside UConn football program (Keefe @ Day) | The Boneyard

Swenson feeding off energy inside UConn football program (Keefe @ Day)

Reaction Score

-> Swenson is a veteran presence on a rebuilt defense, which was one of the worst in college football last season allowing 38.5 points per game during an 1-11 season. He played in 11 games last season, making 73 tackles, including four for loss. He added one sack, four quarterback hurries and a pass breakup.

Since last season, he’s added some weight, checking in at 215 pounds. He’s also gotten stronger, faster and more explosive. His football IQ is higher, helping him read the game better.

“He’s critical,” Mora said when asked about Swenson’s importance to the team this season. “His maturity, his personality. His football intelligence is off the charts. His patience behind the ball as an inside linebacker, his ability to move athletically in space. He’s the type of body and the type of athlete that you need in the game today.

… And he’s a calming influence. He never gets rattled. If a call comes in late, or if there is a little confusion, he is able to slow it down and communicate to the guys and settle them down because of his maturity.” <-

Reaction Score
I have no idea what to expect when this experiment goes live in a few weeks, but the continued emphasis on the positive attributes the players bring, individually and collectively, is such a nice change. Can’t wait to see this team play.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what to expect when this experiment goes live in a few weeks, but the continued emphasis on the positive attributes the players bring, individually and collectively, is such a nice change. Can’t wait to see this team play.
The fact that you refer to Coach Mora’s efforts to improve the football program as an “experiment”, makes me think you DO have somewhat of an idea of what to expect, and it’s definitely not positive.

Reaction Score
Maybe. Great hire and I am sure we will be back to winning in time. But this is the worst program in all of football over past few years, so it’s going to take more than good vibes to get us there. He basically said the same thing a few days ago.

Reaction Score
Im hoping our LBs are much better this year. It’s been a long time since we had any consistent quality there. Ian stepped it up last year doubling his production, but numbers are deceiving and IMO he is undersized for an FBS LB at 6’1” 215 (on a good day) and not particularly physically dominating. I think he’s one of the old Crocker convert a larger DB tweens.

Mitchel is solid, solid. Mora’s new guys like Randle and Hardy have some serious prototypical size. I think we are still a year away from seeing the impact of real recruiting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom