Sweet Jesus, Michigan. | The Boneyard

Sweet Jesus, Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Michigan seems intent on scoring one point for every television set in New Jersey that compelled the Big Ten to invite Rutgers.

Wonderful theater by Harbaugh. Invite every recruit within shouting distance of New Jersey and then eviscerate Rutgers in front of them.

Reaction Score
Michigan seems intent on scoring one point for every television set in New Jersey that compelled the Big Ten to invite Rutgers.

Wonderful theater by Harbaugh. Invite every recruit within shouting distance of New Jersey and then eviscerate Rutgers in front of them.

Damn, 78-0 with local boy Peppers getting 2 TD's The Wolverines got 481 yard rushing and held Rutgers's offense to 39 total yards? Holy ship as I used to say. I am sure this has nothing to do with Coach Ash, formerly of Ohio St, scheduling a competing football camp in Jersey right after Harbaugh scheduled his own in Jersey.

PS - I know Oregon is having a down year; but Washington looks dangerous and legit as they are pasting the 'Webfoots' 70 to 21 halfway through the 4th in Eugene.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Damn, 78-0 with local boy Peppers getting 2 TD's The Wolverines got 481 yard rushing and held Rutgers's offense to 39 total yards? Holy ship as I used to say. I am sure this has nothing to do with Coach Ash, formerly of Ohio St, scheduling a competing football camp in Jersey right after Harbaugh scheduled his own in Jersey.

PS - I know Oregon is having a down year; but Washington looks dangerous and legit as they are pasting the 'Webfoots' 70 to 21 halfway through the 4th in Eugene.

Eh, Rutgers has been mouthing off all off season. They wanted a war and talked about protecting their turf from Harbaugh and Michigan. They got a war.

dayooper

Reaction Score
In the past two weeks combined, they've thrown for 39 yards on four completions.

Let that number sink in a moment.

The best was the Rutgers cheerleaders getting caught off guard when the pick six happened. They had to jump up from their daze. I wish I could have seen their faces when it was ruled and incomplete pass.

Reaction Score
It's about cable boxes...

And only cable boxes...

If Rutroh doesn't prove this, nothing will!

It is a damn shame how such rank ineptitude is rewarded with B1G fat pay days.

On the other hand, if Rutroh keeps losing by an average of 68 - 0, maybe they'll beg out.
I mean how much abuse can you stand for $33mm per year?

I guess a lot....

Reaction Score
Unless they are thrown out, they are never leaving the B1G.
Guarantee you Illinois, Northwestern, and Purdue will never vote Rutty out. They're finally off the carousel of conference embarrassment; a single position now held strongly by Rutty.

And these scores are just the beginning for this year. The basketball season is about to go the same exact way.

Reaction Score
In the past two weeks combined, they've thrown for 39 yards on four completions.

Let that number sink in a moment.

Makes us look like Houston in the Jack Pardee era by comparison.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
The thanks you guys get for inviting the worst athletic department in the country into the highly prestigious $50M/yr club...

RUfans.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
They turn on each other?

I'm pretty sure the dude in the headlock about to be punched is a Michigan fan. But who knows - RU fans fighting each other in the middle of yet another dumpster fire season wouldn't be shocking either.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure the dude in the headlock about to be punched is a Michigan fan. But who knows - RU fans fighting each other in the middle of yet another dumpster fire season wouldn't be shocking either.

Could be Rutgers faculty welcoming new students.

Reaction Score
Eh, Rutgers has been mouthing off all off season. They wanted a war and talked about protecting their turf from Harbaugh and Michigan. They got a war.

Meh. I doubt that had very little to do with the way the game was called by Harbaugh or how his team competed. I'm not going to slam Ash for talking tough, because every coach who takes over a team engages in that kind of hyperbole. Its a means to engage your fan base. Michigan was simply a terrible match up for Rutgers.

UM has a great defense that is both athletic and very experienced. On offense their power run game was way too much for Rutgers undersized and undermanned front seven to handle. By the second half Harbaugh cleared the bench but Rutgers was so demoralized at that point they couldn't stop them.

Rutgers has a looong way to go to be competitive in most B1G Sports football included. I don't envy the job Ash has ahead of him with Penn State, ND, OSU and UM all targeting NJ. Personally I think he was a bad hire for them. He was a crap defensive coordinator despite having tons of NFL Talent at OSU. Now he has MAC Talent. They should have hired an offensive coach, and allowed him to install a system and recruit to it.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Meh. I doubt that had very little to do with the way the game was called by Harbaugh or how his team competed. I'm not going to slam Ash for talking tough, because every coach who takes over a team engages in that kind of hyperbole. Its a means to engage your fan base. Michigan was simply a terrible match up for Rutgers.

UM has a great defense that is both athletic and very experienced. On offense their power run game was way too much for Rutgers undersized and undermanned front seven to handle. By the second half Harbaugh cleared the bench but Rutgers was so demoralized at that point they couldn't stop them.

Rutgers has a looong way to go to be competitive in most B1G Sports football included. I don't envy the job Ash has ahead of him with Penn State, ND, OSU and UM all targeting NJ. Personally I think he was a bad hire for them. He was a crap defensive coordinator despite having tons of NFL Talent at OSU. Now he has MAC Talent. They should have hired an offensive coach, and allowed him to install a system and recruit to it.

Rutgers needs talent, pure and simple. I don't know much of Ash at OSU, but if was a great recruiter there, then he was worth the chance. Much like the SEC, many of the truly gimmicky offenses have a hard time with the talent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom