Sweet 16 Predictions | The Boneyard

Sweet 16 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Matchups:
1. UCONN vs. 12. BYU. Very impressed that BYU was able to beat a good Nebraska team, but this will be a blood bath. UCONN by 25+

3. Texas A&M vs. 7. DePaul. I don't see DePaul nailing 14 triples against Texas A&M. I think Aggies win by 5-10

1. South Carolina vs. 4. North Carolina. I really think the outcome of this game is completely up to North Carolina. If they bring their A game, I think they could win in a close one. If they do not, I think South Carolina rolls. I'm guessing DeShields brings her A game and UNC pulls the upset.

2. Stanford vs. 3. Penn State. Easy win for Stanford, Ogwumike could go for 35+

1. Tennessee vs. 4. Maryland. I think Tennessee leads the whole way and pulls away in the 2nd half. Thomas has a big game for Maryland. Tennessee by 10.

2. Louisville vs. 7. LSU. Louisville looked absolutely phenomenal tonight, Schimmel had probably the best game of her career (26 points, 7 assists, 5 steals, 5 rebounds, 1 turnover) and Slaughter looked to be in Baylor form (5-6 from long range.) LSU has proven a lot of people wrong so far and showed how strong they are on the glass, but I think Louisville rolls at home.

1. Notre Dame vs. Oklahoma State. Notre Dame looked less than spectacular yesterday against ASU, but I don't think they'll have trouble against Oklahoma State. Notre Dame by 15 in a game where Oklahoma State never really challenges UND.

2. Baylor vs. 3. Kentucky. This is the most intriguing match up because of the crazy 4 OT game earlier this year. If Sims utilizes her teammates, I think Baylor gets the win. If she takes 30+ shots, Kentucky wins. Worth noting, I think outside of UCONN, both of these teams are the worst matchups for Notre Dame. Kentucky is so athletic and streaky that I think if they bring their A game, they have the energy and defense to rattle Notre Dame in the Elite 8. For Baylor, I don't see Notre Dame having anyone to stop Odyssey Sims and if Sims catches fire, it might present a challenge for Notre Dame to keep up. That said, I still fully expect Notre Dame to cruise into the title game but it could wind up being a very entertaining Elite 8 matchup.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Very good analysis. I'd be cheering for DePaul to beat TAMU and Maryland to beat Tennessee (sorry), but I suspect your predictions are correct.

However, I do think Louisville is another team besides Baylor and Kentucky that can beat Notre Dame. I would not favor them, but they would have an easier task to upset Notre Dame this year through returning a more experienced version of the same team that upset Baylor last year. Of course, for them to even meet in the FF Louisville also would have to beat Tennessee. I suspect we would differ in our predictions for that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom