Swarm Spotlight: James Bouknight can get buckets | The Boneyard

Swarm Spotlight: James Bouknight can get buckets

Reaction Score
I have no idea what the situation was but it was weird. If he wasn’t going to play for the hornets, he should’ve played more gleague games. He missed a few weeks with “neck soreness” after the all-star break which also didn’t make any sense. He needs to do everything to make sure he’s part of the rotation next year (if he’s not traded). Their coach could get fired also.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
You may have noticed some posters here being critical of Coach Hurley's postseason performance. I imagine CD was riffing off of that.
Do you really believe this!:cool:

I totally agree with you. This would be a good time for people to put in an emoji to indicate if they are being sarcastic.

Reaction Score
He got into with the coach at some point and spent the rest of the year either in G League on or the bench.

Reaction Score
I have no idea what the situation was but it was weird. If he wasn’t going to play for the hornets, he should’ve played more gleague games. He missed a few weeks with “neck soreness” after the all-star break which also didn’t make any sense. He needs to do everything to make sure he’s part of the rotation next year (if he’s not traded). Their coach could get fired also.
Chief wishes James the best.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I heard on a podcast once that you shouldn’t take G league scoring numbers seriously because everyone gets buckets there. They were probably right.

Reaction Score
Absolutely no attack on the OP or anyone here, just my opinion. First a player drafted @ #11 had to work their way down to the G league and should very well shine there.
JB has to work on his game from the neck up (maturity) and he will see some good years with the big boys. A decades long follower of UConn ball I can't remember a person thrown out of a game for walking on the floor as a spectator during the game. That and after being warned did it again. His multiple toe stubs are well documented, I hope for him he can find guidance. Another year of college would have served him well but the money was there.

Reaction Score
A decades long follower of UConn ball I can't remember a person thrown out of a game for walking on the floor as a spectator during the game. That and after being warned did it again. His multiple toe stubs are well documented, I hope for him he can find guidance. Another year of college would have served him well but the money was there.
The terrible JB take that just won’t die.

Reaction Score
He got into with the coach at some point and spent the rest of the year either in G League on or the bench.
The coach put him in for 12 seconds at the end of the 3rd quarter during a blowout in favor of the Hornets, then removed him before the 3rd quarter buzzer. Bouknight didn't do anything wrong in those 12 seconds. So he piped up. Maybe he shouldn't have. It was weird though without a doubt.

Reaction Score
Either he or the coach will be somewhere else in the near future

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Either he or the coach will be somewhere else in the near future
Borrego gets a lot of flack but he had the team improve and barely missed the real playoffs.

Bouknight wasn’t seeing the floor over Ball, Martin, Rozier, Hayward, and Oubre. I’d expect a trade this off-season to clear space for Bouknight or move him as part of a bigger deal.

borninansonia

Neandertal
Reaction Score
A deep dive at James Bouknight's rollercoaster of a rookie year.

"Regardless of his lack of minutes, Bouknight projects to be a great player in the league with star potential. Although it’s a small sample size, he’s shown he can fill up the stat sheet. In the six games that he’s played 20+ minutes, Bouknight averaged 15.2 points & 4.5 rebounds on 44.8% from three."

Reaction Score
A deep dive at James Bouknight's rollercoaster of a rookie year.

"Regardless of his lack of minutes, Bouknight projects to be a great player in the league with star potential. Although it’s a small sample size, he’s shown he can fill up the stat sheet. In the six games that he’s played 20+ minutes, Bouknight averaged 15.2 points & 4.5 rebounds on 44.8% from three."
My son watches almost every game and no bias Bouk made scoring look so easy when he got those rare opportunities.

He shot it well from 3 & actually looked better than he did in the summer league (where he was fine). Hornets play a wide open style that could fit him but the coach loves him some vets. I'd imagine one won't be there either by end of offseason or definitely at end of next year.

Reaction Score
Bouk is so naturally talented. The potential to be a star is there. I can't wait to see him go off for 40 some night. He could be such a great piece on the right team.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You may have noticed some posters here being critical of Coach Hurley's postseason performance. I imagine CD was riffing off of that.

You give me way too much credit thinking I can take a narrative and riff off of it.

I was merely bringing up the fact that DH has twice been to the NCAA tournament and twice has lost in the first round to lower seeded teams in spite of having some high end talent with Bouk or some all-conference level players like Cole and Sanogo. Throw in some very experienced role players who are so talented young players couldn't even make the court and had to transfer because of the depth of talent on the roster and it's maybe worth a throwaway comment that perhaps it's worth looking at whether DH has extracted the most performance possible from his rosters. That's all.

But this thread is, and should be about a naturally talented kid who hasn't found traction in the NBA in his first year. Could be attitude, could be a rift with a coach. don't know. We do not it's not a lack of talent.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
You give me way too much credit thinking I can take a narrative and riff off of it.

I was merely bringing up the fact that DH has twice been to the NCAA tournament and twice has lost in the first round to lower seeded teams in spite of having some high end talent with Bouk or some all-conference level players like Cole and Sanogo. Throw in some very experienced role players who are so talented young players couldn't even make the court and had to transfer because of the depth of talent on the roster and it's maybe worth a throwaway comment that perhaps it's worth looking at whether DH has extracted the most performance possible from his rosters. That's all.

But this thread is, and should be about a naturally talented kid who hasn't found traction in the NBA in his first year. Could be attitude, could be a rift with a coach. don't know. We do not it's not a lack of talent.

Oops.

To your point, I think it's worth noting that Bouknight was not anywhere close to 100% in the 2021 tourney game.

Reaction Score
Kind of surprising for the author to note that Bouk was too "passive" without a killer instinct. If anything, that was one of his criticisms going into the draft - that he didn't look for open teammates when he needed to and always tried to score. I wonder if he's actively trying to fix that and balance his game. Regardless, hope he improves his 3 ball and cracks the Hornets rotation more next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom