Supreme Court ruling opens doors for colleges to expand benefits | The Boneyard

Supreme Court ruling opens doors for colleges to expand benefits

Reaction Score
Espn article

Wow incentives available as soon as this week. Imagine if this was avaliable 2 years ago... Precious, Kofi, Cliff, Cam

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Espn article

Wow incentives available as soon as this week. Imagine if this was avaliable 2 years ago... Precious, Kofi, Cliff, Cam
“Monetary rewards“ for academic achievements!

Will this help or hurt UNC’s (and others) bogus African American type programs.

Does it give the NCAA power to finally examine courses? Will non athlete students in the same courses get similar economic benefits? Will they decide not to partake in these courses if not? Will that undo the UNC argument about these type of courses being legitimate?

My money is more against this and more on a proliferation of monies by universities or their boosters to athletes which would make this the beginning of the end of the NCAA and any semblance of sports having amateur status at many universities.

Reaction Score
This is the beginning of the end for amateur athletics. Hey coach, if I get a C can you pay my Benzo off for me please? I promise to give you 12 and 12 next game... P5 breakoff, NCAA becomes a branch of Government, and all NCAA games must meet Player Association reward increases to stay up with cost of living, err, I mean standards. Schools are cutting back sports programs and now they have to pay benefits? SMH.

Reaction Score
My kid can't work because of practices, video sessions, workouts and not being allowed to work off campus to prevent schedule conflicts with team activities. Show her the money!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom