Sunil not running for reelection (not that it matters) | The Boneyard

Sunil not running for reelection (not that it matters)

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Good, he's a bum.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Good, he's a bum.
He's done a good job on the money/marketing side. Not so much on the USMNT/USWNT side. Time for him to move on.

Reaction Score
He's done a good job on the money/marketing side. Not so much on the USMNT/USWNT side. Time for him to move on.

Except he has little to do with the business side. Jay Berhalter does that. And that 150M cash savings that they gave isn’t exactly doing much for US Soccer.

We have one of the richest federations and it does little to make Soccer more affordable.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Except he has little to do with the business side. Jay Berhalter does that. And that 150M cash savings that they gave isn’t exactly doing much for US Soccer.

We have one of the richest federations and it does little to make Soccer more affordable.
I know, but if he is gonna get chastised for Klinsmann/Arena, then he can have the credit for Berhalter. The buck stops there.

Reaction Score
I know, but if he is gonna get chastised for Klinsmann/Arena, then he can have the credit for Berhalter. The buck stops there.

Berhalter gets credit for Berhalter.

Reaction Score
Then you can't put Klinsmann/Arena on Gulati.

Yeah I can. He makes the soccer decisions. My understanding is that the President is not very involved with the business decisions.

This is why we need a soccer person to be President.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Yeah I can. He makes the soccer decisions. My understanding is that the President is not very involved with the business decisions.
He's responsible for all the decisions. That's what being the boss means. That's why he had to go.

Reaction Score
I hope Gulati stays on board as head of the World Cup 2026 bid. The US/MEX/CAN bid almost seems to be a lock as Morocco is the only competitor BUT Gulati was able to finagle 60 matches (all semis/final...maybe even quarters?) for the US. I feel that if Gulati is gone completely then the Mexican/Canadian federations will ask for more even match distribution. I'd like to keep 3/4 of the WC in the States.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I hope Gulati stays on board as head of the World Cup 2026 bid. The US/MEX/CAN bid almost seems to be a lock as Morocco is the only competitor BUT Gulati was able to finagle 60 matches (all semis/final...maybe even quarters?) for the US. I feel that if Gulati is gone completely then the Mexican/Canadian federations will ask for more even match distribution. I'd like to keep 3/4 of the WC in the States.
I believe I've read, that's the plan. I'm fine with that.

Reaction Score

It’s virtual lock barring North America disappearing into a wormhole.

Reaction Score
It’s virtual lock barring North America disappearing into a wormhole.
I'm less concerned about winning the bid. But I imagine that Mexico and Canada may want the 60-10-10 game system restructured. They may have leverage if Gulati is gone completely. Remember, the matches/cities need to be approved by FIFA at some point. Not yet set in stone.

Reaction Score
Just read Hope Solo, the accident pro, booze hound ex-goalie of the US women's team thinks she's a legitimate candidate for the US Soccer's top dog. :rolleyes:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just read Hope Solo, the accident pro, booze hound ex-goalie of the US women's team thinks she's a legitimate candidate for the US Soccer's top dog. :rolleyes:
She's gotta keep her name out there. :cool: Hey the Kardashians are making big bucks. At least Solo has (had) a discernible talent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom