Sunday's game time (doomed) | The Boneyard

Sunday's game time (doomed)

Reaction Score
I am trying to plan a family gathering for Sunday, and it must not interfere with the game. I know Sunday's game times are not set, but does anyone know of any predetermined parameters that might help me schedule a safe time block? For example, maybe the Albany arena can't open before 1:00, or stay open after 10:00, etc.

Before some smart alec suggests planning it to end before 12:15: That is plan A, but I don't think it's gonna fly.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
I am trying to plan a family gathering for Sunday, and it must not interfere with the game. I know Sunday's game times are not set, but does anyone know of any predetermined parameters that might help me schedule a safe time block? For example, maybe the Albany arena can't open before 1:00, or stay open after 10:00, etc.

Before some smart alec suggests planning it to end before 12:15: That is plan A, but I don't think it's gonna fly.
Fwiw I’ll live in the Albany area and our local radio was talking to someone that works for MVP arena and were discussing the Indiana start time on Friday. He seemed to think the second game would start around 7 on Sunday. I do think tv decides when the games start depending on matchups.

Reactions: TKs
Reaction Score
There's usually 2 standalone afternoon games between 12 and 4 and then the other 6 games are staggered after that. The standalone games are picked for viewership. I don't think UConn and either VCU or St Mary's would be picked, but you never know.

Edit - Looking through it, there's not that many big ratings teams on Sunday though. Memphis/Purdue. Kansas St/Kentucky. Indiana/Miami. Gonzaga/TCU. Michigan St/Marquette. UConn-St. Mary's might sneak in there depending on upsets.

Last edited:
Reactions: TKs

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

Who plans a family gathering during the tournament?

Rookie mistake.

Reaction Score
There's usually 2 standalone afternoon games between 12 and 4 and then the other 6 games are staggered after that. The standalone games are picked for viewership. I don't think UConn and either VCU or St Mary's would be picked, but you never know.

Edit - Looking through it, there's not that many big ratings teams on Sunday though. Memphis/Purdue. Kansas St/Kentucky. Indiana/Miami. Gonzaga/TCU. Michigan St/Marquette. UConn-St. Mary's might sneak in there depending on upsets.
I forgot they usually do the first 2 games from the same site and the 2nd game is usually the biggest draw. So if Miami/Drake vs Indiana is the biggest game, we'd probably be the first game. Kentucky is probably a little more likely, but not sure if we'd be a sweetener to put Albany over the top compared to Iowa St/Xavier. The Mich St/Marquette and Memphis/Purdue combo is probably the 2 most competitive games and 4 decent or better draws, so they could do that.

(Assuming seedlines hold).

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Can you plan the gathering and then Irish Goodbye it to the local pub?

Or tell everyone you need to go grab some Tom Colllins mix and disappear for two and a half hours?

Reaction Score
Option A: Cancel the gathering
Option B: Invite fellow boneyarders to the event, if any show up your family members who are not fans will leave but you family members who are fans will never forget the day.

About a month ago my wife says our friends R&G have invited us for dinner and any day on the weekends of 3/18 and 3/25 would work. Knowing what happens on those weekends I had to decline the invite. My wife was ticked but R&G understood.

Reaction Score
Looks like we're gonna go with a gathering for brunch. Not sure exactly what that means, but it sounds like it might be over around noon, and certainly over well before too. So it sounds like the worse case is that I miss the first half or so.

Reaction Score
Luckily, one of the guests of honor is my dad, who also will not accept missing any of the game, so I have that working for me.

To those suggesting cancel or postpone: I'm with you and trying, but it might not happen.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom