Sunday Q&A | The Boneyard

Sunday Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Did Benedict give BD the heads up that he will be back next year with obvious do or die expectations thereby giving the OK to get a jump on prepping Williams even though there was still a better than fair chance of still making a bowl game?

It's the only explanation and it's not even a very good one.

Reaction Score
Typically, compensation is related to pay. What value has Diaco brought to justify a salary approaching 2 million a year?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Typically, compensation is related to pay. What value has Diaco brought to justify a salary approaching 2 million a year?
DING DING DING - DIACO is stealing our money. When he can get through a half with all plays sent in on time, he can get to coaching level 200!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is Subba from Earth?

There was still a better than fair chance to go to a bowl game when they were sitting on 20/40/60% chances of winning the last three games if you are being generous?

That would be about a 5% chance of winning out assuming that Williams was as good as Sherrifs.

Starting Williams made UConn's chances against Temple somewhere near 5%.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does the staff realize that Rutgers was a national embarrassment for losing 78-0 to Michigan?

Do they realize that in their last 151 minutes of football they are down 79-3 against UCF, ECU and Temple?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Do you regret being a shill for this staff over the last three seasons?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Is there a reason your website is scrubbed of every article between the start to the season and the ECU game?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Should I be skeptical of Diaco when he tells me that UConn has 3 dominant players on defense? If I were to grant him that is true - why is his defense so bad?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Which coaches do you think should be retained for 2017? Please specifically talk to Diaco in your response.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Should we ask if the team quit against ECU and Temple or should we go with seeing that they completely quit the last two weeks?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
A somewhat serious question - now that Puyol has completely gone in the tank - does Diaco regret burning Tarbutt's redshirt to kick off poorly? How badly does he want to make that change and waste a second year of Tarbutt's eligibility?

Reaction Score
A somewhat serious question - now that Puyol has completely gone in the tank - does Diaco regret burning Tarbutt's redshirt to kick off poorly? How badly does he want to make that change and waste a second year of Tarbutt's eligibility?

Whaler, I think Diaco needs to stay a few more years because you won't be you without him. :)

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Do you regret being a shill for this staff over the last three seasons?

This whole project does seem to have devolved into something resembling more of a promotional tool of the program than a media outlet that asks pointed questions when necessary. I do appreciate the work, but I wish that criticism would be offered when deserved, and that difficult questions would be asked when warranted.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This whole project does seem to have devolved into something resembling more of a promotional tool of the program than a media outlet that asks pointed questions when necessary. I do appreciate the work, but I wish that criticism would be offered when deserved, and that difficult questions would be asked when warranted.

Devolved implies it was something besides a promotional tool for the program prior to now. :)

I actually do appreciate Matt's efforts to get us information. There is an opportunity here because UConn's blogosphere is beyond pathetic.

He has to let go of the fact he used to work for the program if he wants to cover the team seriously. He drank the kool-aid and went all in on Diaco and just refuses to deal with reality.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Devolved implies it was something besides a promotional tool for the program prior to now. :)

I actually do appreciate Matt's efforts to get us information. There is an opportunity here because UConn's blogosphere is beyond pathetic.

He has to let go of the fact he used to work for the program if he wants to cover the team seriously. He drank the kool-aid and went all in on Diaco and just refuses to deal with reality.

I agree that it definitely fills a void. Really cool video stuff, interaction with players, insight into practices...I enjoy it. The website looks great and he does make up for the lack of press coverage on the football team in terms of beat writing type stuff. And if that's all that it's meant to be, then great. I guess it just gets a bit frustrating when we all see the writing on the wall and it goes unacknowledged in the blog posts/tweets/Q&A stuff.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree that it definitely fills a void. Really cool video stuff, interaction with players, insight into practices...I enjoy it. The website looks great and he does make up for the lack of press coverage on the football team in terms of beat writing type stuff. And if that's all that it's meant to be, then great. I guess it just gets a bit frustrating when we all see the writing on the wall and it goes unacknowledged in the blog posts/tweets/Q&A stuff.

It's tough when you have to compete with stuff like this:

http://adimeback.com/2016-uconn-football-preseason-roundtable/

I can't believe no one takes our football program seriously when during the beginning of the football season a blog is running a voting basketball tournament based on player's last names and haven't posted a football article since October 14th.

God I hate our front-running fan base.

Reaction Score
It's tough when you have to compete with stuff like this:

2016 Football Preseason Roundtable

I can't believe no one takes our football program seriously when during the beginning of the football season a blog is running a voting basketball tournament based on player's last names and haven't posted a football article since October 14th.

God I hate our front-running fan base.

Aman does a good job with recaps and such on theuconnblog. It's true though, there really isn't anyone else going out of the way to get info

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Aman does a good job with recaps and such on theuconnblog. It's true though, there really isn't anyone else going out of the way to get info

You are right - Aman is solid.

I still do enjoy the ironic bloggers who post here after the fact that their sources were providing whatever information before the fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom