Sunday 3PM Rutgers vs Lady Vols ESPN2 | The Boneyard

Sunday 3PM Rutgers vs Lady Vols ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Game is at Rutgers. Should be an interesting game, more important that the Lady Vols not lose as they already have two losses. Probably for the first time, will the Lady Vols be able to hold down Rutgers offense so that they can win the games? Usually the question would be, can Rutgers limit the Lady Vols offense and win with their defense.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Wbbfan1 said:
Game is at Rutgers. Should be an interesting game, more important that the Lady Vols not lose as they already have two losses. Probably for the first time, will the Lady Vols be able to hold down Rutgers offense so that they can win the games? Usually the question would be, can Rutgers limit the Lady Vols offense and win with their defense.

Would love to see Scaife go off in this game ...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for Rutgers. Not that I like Rutgers....... I just dont want the Vols to be the #1 seed in the Greensboro Region and another loss will damage their chances

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Go Rutgers! Wow - never thought I would say that.

But seriously, Rutgers could run the Lady Vols out of the RAC. Unless, of course, CViv makes a dumb decision along the way like she did against NC.

Reaction Score
I'll be rooting for Rutgers. Not that I like Rutgers.. I just dont want the Vols to be the #1 seed in the Greensboro Region and another loss will damage their chances

Little chance of the Vols getting a #1 seed this year, they will be close to double digits in losses.
Here are their tougher road games:
@Rutgers
@Vanderbilt
@Notre Dame
@Kentucky
@South Carolina
@Georgia

Tougher Home Games
Stanford
Oregon St
Texas A&M
Georgia
Mississippi St
Kentucky
In the above 12 games I don't see them winning more than half of these games and going 4-8 is a real possibility.
Right now, it's a team in disarray and not very good. I'm not convinced that Harrison, their best player, has fully recovered from her leg injury yet and their offense revolves around her. The Rutgers game will be very important to them. If they lose, which I think they will, I could see the wheels falling off, relatively speaking.

Reaction Score
First trip to the RAC for the LV's could be a bad one. I was impressed with the fast paced offense Rutgers has shown. Scaife is a nice player.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Guys come on - this is Rutgers. When was the least time they actually beat Tennessee? I would not be surprised to see RU lose this game - not because they are awful, but because they just have such a terrible track record vs. Tennessee...

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
Rutgers is my 2nd favorite team so I'll be pulling for the Scarlet Knights. I think they will beat EWE Tea in a close one.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Guys come on - this is Rutgers. When was the least time they actually beat Tennessee? I would not be surprised to see RU lose this game - not because they are awful, but because they just have such a terrible track record vs. Tennessee...
When Rutgers wins, it does do it at home. 8 losses in a row, over 10 years. However, 4 were on neutral courts, and 2 away (only 2 at home).
Two notable wins at home in the years before that. In 2004 during Rutgers' week to remember (we beat 3? ranked teams including Texas at Texas) and a couple of years before Vivian came, when Rutgers upset #1 Tennessee behind an enormous effort of Rutgers' star player at the time, Carolyn DeRoose.

Reaction Score
They should have run NC out of the RAC...I'm looking forward to this one. Respect again!!

Reaction Score
Betnijah Laney is a double-double machine; Right now is the nation's third leading rebounder.

Reaction Score
This is our best chance to beat them since clockgate. The Pat Summit mystique is gone, which makes UT just another good team. I think last year's WNIT run helped RU tremendously. They really play team ball. I think it will come down to how effective Hollivay can be. If she plays the way she did against Temple, we should win handily. If she struggles, it will be tougher for us, but still achievable. Laney has been playing as well as any player in the country IMO and she was not supposed to be our best player. That designation would fall to Scaife or the under the radar Copper. We have the talent this year and we are playing well.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
They would have beaten them except for - was it that clock issue in Tenn!
I too am rooting for Rutgers a figure them to be in the Final Four this year. The enemy of my enemy - is my friend!!!

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This is our best chance to beat them since clockgate. The Pat Summit mystique is gone, which makes UT just another good team. I think last year's WNIT run helped RU tremendously. They really play team ball. I think it will come down to how effective Hollivay can be. If she plays the way she did against Temple, we should win handily. If she struggles, it will be tougher for us, but still achievable. Laney has been playing as well as any player in the country IMO and she was not supposed to be our best player. That designation would fall to Scaife or the under the radar Copper. We have the talent this year and we are playing well.
If Copper is not playing to her ability yet, and Laney has made the leap expected from her HS pedigree, then I'd C Viv can get them buying into a little defense as well- they could be very very dangerous. Those are 3 almost unstoppable players. If I had the time today-,I would have taken the ride for this one.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I've grown to enjoy the posts of the Rutgers fans on this board. I hope they can get a big win.

Reaction Score
I hope RU pounds them like a $2.00 'ho!!!

stay-classy-san-diego.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger