Sunday (2/11) games | The Boneyard

Sunday (2/11) games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Quite the full slate to choose from. Some of the highlight games:

12p ET:
  • #10 Maryland at Rutgers (BTN). The Terps dominated the Scarlet Knights just a few weeks ago in College Park.
  • #21 Michigan at Michigan State (espn2). Another revenge/rivalry game. Here it's the Spartans who are seeking revenge.
  • Dayton at George Washington (espnU). Dayton is in sole possession of the A-10 lead at 12-0, and undefeated since an OT loss to South Florida on Dec. 20.
1p ET:
  • Georgia Tech at #5 Notre Dame (ACCN). The Yellow Jackets have shown glimpses of good play (nearly took out Louisville), but they're now in desperation mode in terms of postseason prospects.
2p ET:
  • #13 Ohio State at South Florida (espn2). A huge opportunity for the Bulls to bolster their resume. A loss here could mean bubble status.
  • Kentucky at #2 Mississippi State (espnU). The Schaefer train continues to roll in Starkville.
3p ET
  • #18 Georgia at #11 Tennessee (SECN). Possibly the most intriguing game of the day. Georgia is currently 2nd in the SEC standings at 9-2, while the Vols are in a 3-way tie for 3rd at 8-3. Tennessee has struggled against third-rate competition lately, and will probably need to raise their game today.
  • #14 Texas A&M at LSU (SECN+). LSU's only loss at home this year was to Mississippi State. Should be a competitive game.
  • North Carolina at #23 NC State (ACCN). Rivalry game in Play4Kay week. NC State is looking to bounce back from its loss at Miami.
4p ET
  • #25 Arizona State at #8 UCLA (P12N). The Bruins have won 9 in a row. The Sun Devils are hoping to bounce back from a loss to USC.
  • #12 Florida State at Miami (ACCN). In-state rivalry game. Miami looks to continue momentum from upset win over NC State.

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
1PM ET Florida at SoCar SEC Network
On paper, FL has no chance

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I hope the Wolfpack shoots better than they did at Miami. NC State was 17 of 63 from the field against the Hurricanes.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Comeback of the day:

Syracuse trailed Wake Forest 45-29 at the half.
Then outscored WF 42-16 in the 2nd half, for a 10-point victory.
Tiana Mangakahia, national assists leader, had 26 points and 8 assists.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Comeback of the day:

Syracuse trailed Wake Forest 45-29 at the half.
Then outscored WF 42-16 in the 2nd half, for a 10-point victory.
Tiana Mangakahia, national assists leader, had 26 points and 8 assists.

Thats standard procedure for lil ol Wake Head bang They had a similiar lead vs FSU and lost it in OT

UVA had a big lead vs VPI... lost it... came from behind to win in the last minute Head bang

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Let's not forget LSU beating TAMU this afternoon
Is ranking in the cards?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Let's not forget LSU beating TAMU this afternoon
Is ranking in the cards?
Ranking for LSU?
I kinda doubt it, since they just lost to Auburn earlier in the week.

Edit to add: But on second thought it's possible, because many of the teams ranked 21-25 lost this week.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wake and Syracuse women played at the same time their men's teams played each other. That doesnt happen too often.... too bad that Syracuse won both matchups.

UVA vs VPI and UNC.cheat vs State both match upped the day after there men's teams played. They split 1-1.

In a bit of a surprise... I was flipping through the channels and they were showing the Big South Women's game of the week. Its not often a Big South Women's game comes on TV... so I had to watch. UNC-Asheville beat High Point to move into a second place tie in the Big South. Whichever teams ends up winning the tourney title will undoubtedly be the #16 seed to probably face either UCONN or Miss State in the first round...

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Humane Society might have an issue with Oregon State....... after what they are doing with the dogs of Washington :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
The Humane Society might have an issue with Oregon State.. after what they are doing with the dogs of Washington :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I was at the game. Oregon St. is a good shooting team that hasn't been shooting very well lately. Something had to give eventually, and today it did. 12-19 behind the arc in the 1st half, 18-33 for the game. Scored 95 points w/ their top scorer Gulich only getting 5 today. I never would've predicted that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Humane Society might have an issue with Oregon State.. after what they are doing with the dogs of Washington :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Rueck must have had a motivating conversation with his kids after that UGLY game vs WSU. Oregon State was terrific and didn't let up in this game vs. the Huskies. OSU broke their 17 x 3's record, with 18 in this game. I was pleased to see OSU players aggressive, both offensively and defensively. Lots of players saw time today, which is great for the games coming up next week at OSU. I'll be at Gill Coliseum Friday to welcome UCLA to Corvallis.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I was at the game. Oregon St. is a good shooting team that hasn't been shooting very well lately. Something had to give eventually, and today it did. 12-19 behind the arc in the 1st half, 18-31 for the game. Scored 95 points w/ their top scorer Gulich only getting 5 today. I never would've predicted that.

Do you know the last time Oregon State put up 95 in a Pac 12 game? :eek: Thats a TON of points

Reaction Score
I was at the game. Oregon St. is a good shooting team that hasn't been shooting very well lately. Something had to give eventually, and today it did. 12-19 behind the arc in the 1st half, 18-31 for the game. Scored 95 points w/ their top scorer Gulich only getting 5 today. I never would've predicted that.
nwhoopfan, you were at the game today? Would love to hear your analysis. Feel for the UW coach. I really like her, and today her team was exposed.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Do you know the last time Oregon State put up 95 in a Pac 12 game? :eek: Thats a TON of points

I don't know, I would be curious to see the answer. They had some big scoring games in OOC this year against really bad teams, but yeah, that's not normal for them in conference games. Usually getting in the 80's is a big scoring output for them.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
nwhoopfan, you were at the game today? Would love to hear your analysis.

I was watching the Beavers during pre game shooting drills. They were hardly missing any shots. I kinda had a feeling. Several teams lately have been totally selling out on stopping Gulich and just kinda hoping the other players wouldn't get hot. It's been working, but it definitely didn't today. OSU just jumped all over the Huskies right from the beginning and never let up. OSU still has overall sloppy ball handling and throws a lot of bad passes. UW started pressing late. Kalmer was by far the best at breaking the press. McWilliams was probably next best. Pivec and Goodman are both kinda sketchy dribbling the ball. Pivec had a fairly strong game overall, did a good job driving and getting some shots in the lane. Tudor of course has been mired in a shooting slump and got out of the slump in a big way today. Corosdale had a nice stretch, I think she scored 7 straight points when OSU broke the press and she was streaking towards the bucket, also hit a 3. Gulich just couldn't get going today, but it didn't matter one iota. Grymek was pretty solid today. Kalmer had another good game off the bench. Pivec and Corosdale both got some good applause when starting lineups were announced, both are local products and must have had a bunch of friends and family in the stands. Overall there were a fair number of OSU fans in the stands. They weren't real vocal, but I'm sure they had a good time watching that display.

Just looking at some other stats, 6 players in double figures, 2 off the bench. 6 different players hit a 3, and all but one of them hit at least 2. Tudor led the way going 7-9. 2 other players hit 3 each.

UW, pretty much nothing good to take away from this game. Melgoza was kinda struggling and then just all of a sudden started pouring in the points. She finished w/ 18, most of that was in Q4. She has a knack for that, like Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson she can heat up in a hurry.

Reaction Score
I was watching the Beavers during pre game shooting drills. They were hardly missing any shots. I kinda had a feeling. Several teams lately have been totally selling out on stopping Gulich and just kinda hoping the other players wouldn't get hot. It's been working, but it definitely didn't today. OSU just jumped all over the Huskies right from the beginning and never let up. OSU still has overall sloppy ball handling and throws a lot of bad passes. UW started pressing late. Kalmer was by far the best at breaking the press. McWilliams was probably next best. Pivec and Goodman are both kinda sketchy dribbling the ball. Pivec had a fairly strong game overall, did a good job driving and getting some shots in the lane. Tudor of course has been mired in a shooting slump and got out of the slump in a big way today. Corosdale had a nice stretch, I think she scored 7 straight points when OSU broke the press and she was streaking towards the bucket, also hit a 3. Gulich just couldn't get going today, but it didn't matter one iota. Grymek was pretty solid today. Kalmer had another good game off the bench. Pivec and Corosdale both got some good applause when starting lineups were announced, both are local products and must have had a bunch of friends and family in the stands. Overall there were a fair number of OSU fans in the stands. They weren't real vocal, but I'm sure they had a good time watching that display.

Just looking at some other stats, 6 players in double figures, 2 off the bench. 6 different players hit a 3, and all but one of them hit at least 2. Tudor led the way going 7-9. 2 other players hit 3 each.

UW, pretty much nothing good to take away from this game. Melgoza was kinda struggling and then just all of a sudden started pouring in the points. She finished w/ 18, most of that was in Q4. She has a knack for that, like Vinnie "The Microwave" Johnson she can heat up in a hurry.
Thanks for the write up. This coming weekend will be all about defense, and taking care of the ball. If OSU can keep the turnovers from piling up, then they can win this coming weekend's games.

Reaction Score
My team put up 101 pts against Penn St. They’re looking strong at the right time.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
My team put up 101 pts against Penn St. They’re looking strong at the right time.

I was gonna say something snarky about your team losing to a certain team earlier in the season.... then I remembered that my team lost to that same team not that long ago :oops:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I was gonna say something snarky about your team losing to a certain team earlier in the season.... then I remembered that my team lost to that same team not that long ago :oops:
Lol, and hence the bag over the head and the chagrined expression

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Lol, and hence the bag over the head and the chagrined expression

I didnt see the game live... and hadnt watched the replay... until the other night.... (not sure why) anyway... just watched the last 90 seconds of regulation to see how things went wrong.... then shut it off........ got me :mad::mad::mad::mad:Head bangHead bangHead bangHead bang all over again.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Saw a replay of Colorado @ Stanford. Ugly, ugly game. Turnovers, missed shots, missed FTs. Stanford was in control throughout but didn't look good. McPhee carried them--25 pts. on 9-14 shooting and 12 rebounds. Otherwise, not a good game for the Card at all. But as usual they frustrated their opponent w/ their D.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom