Sun Win! By 22 Points! On The Road! | The Boneyard

Sun Win! By 22 Points! On The Road!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
It's amazing to me that nearly 12 hours after the event, no one has called attention to the Sun's completely dominating win today against the Indiana Fever. All the things that they have done badly all season (rebounding, fouling, getting to the free throw line) they did very well today.

It was also mentioned by the announcers that the crowd of 12,000 at Indianapolis was their biggest for a regular season game since 2003. Apparently a whole lot of kids showed up for the noon game. Still, considering that an 11-12 team was playing a 5-14 team (now 6-14), it's surprising that so many people attended.

Morgan played some significant minutes, scoring 6 points with 4 rebounds. Kelly had 6 minutes, one very nice assist, and a few hustle rebounds, but she did not score. After Kelly was in the game for about 4 minutes in the second quarter, she was replaced by Shekinna Stricklen (yes, from Tennessee), who proceeded to hit 3 3-point shots. Stricklen scored 11 points in 10 minutes and was a big part of the win.

But the dominant player for the Sun (finally, she is coming around) was Chiney Ogwumike, who had 20 points and many contested rebounds. She is starting to find her groove, and is demonstrating that she can dominate for big stretches of a game. Courtney Williams also had 8 points and played very well.

There is hope for the Sun.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Long day and I just finished watching on League Pass. Sweet Dreams for me!! Alyssa continues to be a warrior in the paint. Chiney working hard and getting results. Strick looked like Vinny "The Microwave" Johnson. Jasmine not shooting well, but had 7 rebs and 6 assists to go with a ton of effort on the D.

But no rest in this league... Sparks coming to Neon Uncasville on the 15th. GO SUN!!

Reaction Score
The Sun's game was a workmanlike effort. Good all around team effort. I wasn't sure the Bone traded wasn't bone headed, but it seems to be addition by subtraction. The team is playing a more fluid offensive game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It was a very nice win for the Sun over a pretty good and talented team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom