Reaction Score
20-13 CON end of Q1

Williams 8 pts, 1 reb

Jefferaon 6 pts, 1 ast

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Half time - CT up 16...

The ATrain rolling with 7 pts, 5 rebs, 5 asts and 5 stls... quite the line. :D 3-4 from the free throw line. :eek:

Courtney with a game-high 13. :cool:

Reaction Score
CT "D" is the difference. They also are distributing the ball really well.
The arena is a ghost town
26-6 Sun point advantage in the paint
Kelsey Plum's game is a bit slow. She'll hold the ball than dribble a lot to make something happen. Rest of team doesn't move and watches.
Last year 2016 tourney Syracuse exploited Plum and her lack of speed. She looked a step slow against their pressure. She was left on the floor a few times after being stripped and the ball going the other way. That's when I thought it may not be easy for her in WNBA.

Last edited:

psconn

Reaction Score
Yikes, they just showed a high-angle shot of the arena... let's just say "plenty of good seats are available". :oops: Not good.

Reaction Score
Half time - CT up 16...

The ATrain rolling with 7 pts, 5 rebs, 5 asts and 5 stls... quite the line. :D 3-4 from the free throw line. :eek:

Courtney with a game-high 13. :cool:
She had six triple doubles in college. Can she get a quadruple double? That would be phenomenal.

Reaction Score
Yikes, they just showed a high-angle shot of the arena... let's just say "plenty of good seats are available". :oops: Not good.
I saw that and said to my wife, "It's like there's not even a game going on."

psconn

Reaction Score
9pts, 8reb, 5ast, 6stl now for AT... they just put up a "Quad Double Watch" graphic on her.

Reaction Score
Jasmine Thomas just blew by Plum for an easy drive for 2 . Kelsey didn't even wave at her. Got to do better. Next time down JT just did the same thing and dished back to A Thomas at the free throw line for 2

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mo suffered a head contusion and will not return. Get well, MoJeff! The Stars have no chance tonight.

Reaction Score
Moriah Jefferson won't return head contusion in first half
Stars coach looks disoriented. 58-28

psconn

Reaction Score
Stars announcer just went on and on about a Delay of Game violation against the Stars... the refs let Sophie Brunner in the game and then called the delay of game. What I think he missed was that Brunner came in with her shirt untucked and was told to tuck it in (its a rule in the W)... that's a pretty automatic violation. Just happened recently at the Mohegan, also.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We had a power outage here... something of a power outage there too, huh. I feel for Mo stuck in that mess. As far as the observations of Plum, that ain't good. Her trade currency is not inflating off of things like that.

psconn

Reaction Score
It's over and I feel bad for the Stars. They are going to get another big-time draftee, though.
The Mystics are next at the Mohegan Saturday... this was hardly a suitable warm-up for the Sun. Stars not even close to the quality of the Mystics.

Reaction Score
Plum scored 10pts. Career high. She mad a few and missed a bit more. She passed up a few wide open looks (surprised me). I think she made the most of the extra time she got with Jefferson out of the game. (Get well soon Mo)

I think I say this every time so...: "I love me some Courtney Williams".
I think she is determined not to give up the starting spot. She posted 17pts and made it look easy.

Reaction Score
Plum scored 10pts. Career high. She mad a few and missed a bit more. She passed up a few wide open looks (surprised me). I think she made the most of the extra time she got with Jefferson out of the game. (Get well soon Mo)

I think I say this every time so...: "I love me some Courtney Williams".
I think she is determined not to give up the starting spot. She posted 17pts and made it look easy.

What a nice trade Courtney Williams for Kelsey Bone.... well done! Phoenix was impatient and really didn't give Courtney much of a chance.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I prefer Courtney Williams to Alex Bentley. Courtney has speed and hops. Plus she can shoot. Even the great Moriah Jefferson struggled to guard her.

Alyssa's stat line was 13/8/5/7. SEVEN steals--that's grand larceny!

Even though S.A. is a very weak team, that was a nice performance by the Sun on the road. Let's see if they can keep it up.

As noted by ESPN, the Sun are the only team to beat Minnesota.

Reaction Score
The Sun have to trade Bentley! Try to get a missing piece to their puzzle.
Bentley is so inconsistent, one game 14 for 17 the next 2 for 15!
And when her game is falling apart so is her mind! She was the same way at PSU! Didn't she mouth off about playing UCONN in NCAA Tournament and PSU got their butts kicked!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom