Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Nneka with 2 monster O-boards already.....:eek:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tina posting up on Nneka, awesome little turn over right shoulder baby left-handed hook, for twoooo

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Whew...... shot clock is so far not much of a factor...... talk about pace/intensity!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Nan, any chance you can get Coco Miller into your salon for a new hairdo?

And on that note, have you seen Big Syl's WNBA player photo....? :p

sylvia_fowles.jpg

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
P.S. Viewers are getting treated to a great game with this one. CP3 is putting on a real show, lead changes galore, just a great game. Sun down 5 late; we'll see if they can scratch out the W.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Parker with an NBA caliber block on Tina WHOA :eek:

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Parker with an NBA caliber block on Tina WHOA :eek:
She got a little head on that one too, but damn she is having a great game. They have made it diffficult for Tina.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tina really needed to convert on the other end after a great O-board .... couldn't get it to drop

Sun down 4

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Sparks get the W - really impressive win. CP3 is 1st Team All-World

Sun should get better from this loss.... we'll see how they react!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nneka has 18 points on perfect shooting.

Candace has an all-world stat line: 33 points, 16 boards, 8 assists, 5 blocks, 3 steals.

On the other hand, Beard and Tolliver shot 3-17.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Sue had 10 assists on Seattle's 20 buckets, as the storm lost to Chicago by 16.

Piph is shooting lights out this year.

Reaction Score
I thought Tina and Renee were both pretty horrible tonight. Way too many missed shots by those two tonight.

Reaction Score
Parker is my least player since, like, ever, but it's great to see her finally healthy. The women's game needs as many stud players as possible.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Parker is my least player since, like, ever, but it's great to see her finally healthy. The women's game needs as many stud players as possible.

I hope you will love her for at least a few weeks this summer. Glad to see her ready for the Olympics. I hope that DT can be ready as well. We need them all at their best.

Reaction Score
Despite the nice pass to Nnecka late in the game, I do not trust Tolliver with the ball late in close games.

On that play, Asjha was just a split second late picking up Nnecka on the switch. I can only think of one other payer who could have gotten the ball up at the basket as quickly as Nnecka did.

LA won despite the woeful performaces of Beard and Tolliver; Says a lot. It is incredible how much better LA is with Candace Parker. Add Ogwumike to the mix and they have become super elite. The WNBA Chamionship will be decided in the West.

For someone familiar with EDD's game:
1. What are the similarities and differences to Parker?
2. Can EDD get up and down the floor?
3. Which team would most benefit from EDD's skill set? One would imagine a team that does not need a post presence that will allow her to play outside.
4. How well does EDD handle the ball?

Connecticut looks very strong this year. They should contend well for the East crown.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
For someone familiar with EDD's game:
1. What are the similarities and differences to Parker?
2. Can EDD get up and down the floor?
3. Which team would most benefit from EDD's skill set? One would imagine a team that does not need a post presence that will allow her to play outside.
4. How well does EDD handle the ball?

1) Very little similarities. Think of Elena as Lauren Jackson without the same post moves or a taller, leaner Katie Smith.
2) Yes, though she could use some work on her conditioning.
3) Elena's ability to adjust to the WNBA will depend on her ability to play without the ball in her hands. A team like Chicago could really use her. Atlanta could as well.
4) Decent handle for her size. Better than Nicole Powell at the same stage (when Powell was handling the ball at Stanford what seemed like most of the time).

Reaction Score
I had a feeling Renee would look for her shot too much when coming off the bench. It's still better for the team that Lawson starts, but I wonder if Renee will be open to re-signing knowing that she'll be a bench player here while she could be a starter for some other teams.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
1) Very little similarities. Think of Elena as Lauren Jackson without the same post moves or a taller, leaner Katie Smith.
2) Yes, though she could use some work on her conditioning.
3) Elena's ability to adjust to the WNBA will depend on her ability to play without the ball in her hands. A team like Chicago could really use her. Atlanta could as well.
4) Decent handle for her size. Better than Nicole Powell at the same stage (when Powell was handling the ball at Stanford what seemed like most of the time).
I agree with Cam. Here are a few more thoughts:
1. Candace has some indside moves that no one else does. Despite her shooting last night, I'd describe CP as no better than a good shooter from 15' and beyond. (She was 4-7 on FTs, I believe.) Elena's shots are typically facing the basket. When she squares up, she is as good as anyone, up to 25' or more. She shoots FTs at 90% all the time.
2. Agreed. Elena ran as much as needed at Delaware, but it was not a track meet, as UConn games can be. She may need to work on conditioning. She covers lots of ground with very long strides. She's a full 6'5".
3. Exactly. If she can play outside and not draw double-teams, look for her to be a scoring leader. She excelled in that role with Team USA last year.
4. Very good handle, especially for her height. She was in dribbling videos as a kid. Her father trained her to develop PG skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom