Sun vs Sky Last Night | The Boneyard

Sun vs Sky Last Night

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Sun punch the "GO" button in the 3rd Q and turn a 1 point game into a 20 point blowout. The free throw disparity was CRAZY - Sky was 2 for 5; Sun was 19 for 22 (including AT's 8 for 8 :eek:). The boards belonged to the Sun also - Sky 28 rebs; Sun 44 rebs. If you knew only those two stats, you'd guess the Sun won. Add the fact that the Sun stole the ball 14 times and now you're thinking blowout.

Newly minted All-Stars led the way, with AT 20 pts, 9 rb, 5 assists (again, 8 for 8 FT !!!!). Sister Jas had 17 pts, 8 assists and 3 steals. JJ, the double-double machine, had 12 pts, 10 rebs, 2 steals and a block. The only players averaging a double-double in the league are JJ and Tina. Courtney also stood out with 17 points (8-13 shooting) and 6 assists.

A HUGE game is next down in DC... it is the rubber match in the season series and given how tight the standings are, that could matter a LOT. The Mystics were on the wrong end of an epic 22 point come back victory last time, so mental focus and motivation will not be lacking on their home court. My biggest concern about this game is Shekinna Stricklen... she is 3-15 from the 3 point line in the last 4 games and does not look as confident as she did prior to that. She could be the difference-maker in this game, one way or the other.

GO SUN!!

DFXmYO2U0AAKRhZ.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
One thing I love about Courtney Williams is that she hits shots when things seem to be moving in the wrong direction for the Sun. Renee Montgomery used to do that for UConn back in the day. Just when you thought the other team might be taking over, the killer comes out and drains one to kill their confidence.

I also think Danielle Adams put in some good minutes which helped reverse the tide. She had five rebounds in her short appearance.

I would have liked to see Brionna Jones enter the game sooner. If you check out some of her advanced stats, they are pretty good, albeit with a small sample size.

But, all in all, this game showed what an extremely talented and potent offensive team they are. So many weapons. The reserves kept coming at the Sky in waves and it was just too much for them. Drowned 'em.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog
Top Bottom