Sun VS Liberty | The Boneyard

Sun VS Liberty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Very entertaining game. Charles 32 points, a career high. Kiah looked good. Swin, 5000th point. Morgan played well, especially early, although I think she deferred too much as the game went on instead of looking for her shot. And Kelly Faris probably played her best game as a pro. Maybe the coach's praise gave her the confidence to start acting like herself.

The Sun are playing much better, with many bright spots emerging. I think Jonquel Jones and Rachel Banham will be stars in a couple of years, along with Morgan. Chiney is returning to her old form. The entire team shows more promise than it had. The ball movement was the best it has been all season. You can see that the coach wants something akin to high energy Uconn type ball on offense. Also the defense was much better than it was early in the season. It's fun to watch a team come together. The wins will come eventually. Those of us who are watching now will see how it started which makes the later success that much more enjoyable to see.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Very entertaining game. Charles 32 points, a career high. Kiah looked good. Swin, 5000th point. Morgan played well, especially early, although I think she deferred too much as the game went on instead of looking for her shot. And Kelly Faris probably played her best game as a pro. Maybe the coach's praise gave her the confidence to start acting like herself.

Kudos to you for maintaining a positive outlook through another disappointing season. There has been definite improvement, but in a series of competitive, winnable games, there has been no payoff for the team, the coaches or the faithful. :( Based on news quotes, body language and actions on the court, there are two players who aren't 100% bought in to the new team plan and unfortunately they are former all-stars. Sunday versus another struggling team, the Stars. Hopefully Alyssa is back and the Sun can finally get another win.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I take the kudos. I didn't expect much from this season, but was so disappointed by the Anne Donovan era anything seems better. It seems to me the only thing we can do now is be patient as the team is so young. I'm hoping Chiney can get back to where she was before as she is probably the only potentially great player that they have, although they have a lot a potentially really good players. And I think it's fun to watch young players start to grow into their potential. Then, when they get there, it's a little thrilling to know you watched it while it was happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom