SUN v ATL @ 3pm on CCCT TV | The Boneyard

SUN v ATL @ 3pm on CCCT TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Butterfly time and random Sun thoughts...
The Dream have been surprisingly good this year, the Sun are setting the kind of records no team wants to set. The Dream will be motivated by the drubbing they took at the hands of the Lynx Friday and having Michael Cooper questioning their effort. The Sun are coming off a huge win Friday that was needed like a drowning man needs air. Who will have the psychological edge?

The Dream will be without Uber-Defender and matchup nightmare, Sancho Lyttle. While the Sun are at full strength with the return of Stricklen last game. The kids: Rachel Banham had a really good game 2 games ago that will be tough to duplicate against the Dream guards, Morgan Tuck had a career night against Stewie and, in the absence of Lyttle maybe she can keep it going in the ATL (fingers crossed). Among the kids, that leaves JJ... Hey Jonquel, why not you? Why not now? :) I'd love to see a real breakout for JJ, but she strikes me as a player that may take some time to develop.

Alex Bentley. Our All-Star guard has yet to report for duty this season. In her place, we have a petulant kid who has not displayed the mental strength to cope with a perfect storm of coaching change, shooting slump and lots of 'L's. The embarrassing display on the bench last week was a low point. Even as recently as Friday her body language is still not right. On D she doesn't always sit in that aggressive defensive stance (see Kelly Faris) that Geno pushes so hard for. Coming off the court there is only reluctant contact with Coach Miller. In sideline huddles during time outs when she's not sitting in front of Miller, she spends most of the time looking uninterested in what is being said. Last game, coming down the stretch, the Sun desperately trying to keep the game from slipping away, 11 players leaning in, listening and nodding - hand claps and words of encouragement "c'mon!"... Alex looking around like a flock of butterflies were circling the arena. One of the things I loved about Alex when she arrived was her bubbly POSITIVE personality, her swag and her ability to back up the swag. I miss that Alex. :(

Go SUN!

Reaction Score
Final 93 Atlanta 87 Connecticut. Five players, including Morgan Tuck, in double figures for Connecticut. Four players, including, surprisingly, Meighan Simmons, in double figures for Atlanta. She shot 50% and was +18 for her time on the court. Layshia Clarendon was hot for Atlanta as was Elizabeth Williams. Tiffany had 9 points. Angel has 18.

For Connecticut, Jasmine had 19 and Camille had 14 just like Morgan. Kelsey Bone added 18. l enjoyed watching this game.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
EW with 20 pts 10 rebounds 5 assists 3 blocks and 2 steals :)

Jasmine with 19 pts 5 assists and 3 rebounds and zero turnovers :)

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Just read Courant article on Sun and Chiney, which referenced Miller's guard-centric offense. I know that offenses can take a while to gel, but given their loss-win record (yes, that's the order) one has to wonder if that type of offense really leverages the team's strengths. Lots of strong post players - worth designing more toward them?

Reaction Score
The Sun desperately need to work on their free throw shooting, it is abysmal. They missed a ton yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom