Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Announcers say Morgan may play. :D
If she does, it probably won't be much.

psconn

Reaction Score
Sun up 10 at the end of the 1st. :):)
Stewie doing some bench time due to 2 early fouls.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Good start for the Sun. Jonquel is dominating. Seattle misses Stricken. They miss Kaleena too.

psconn

Reaction Score
Sun down 4 at the half. 33 point outburst from SEA. Stewie with 16 and looking unstoppable.
Courtney ineffective so far... 3 fouls.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seattle shot 65.5% for the half. (That stat is from ESPN; the broadcast says 63%.)

Usually, the Storm start strong using the fan energy and talents of the starting unit, but the Sun took it to them. Then Seattle caught fire. Sue has 9 and 4 at the half.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Courtney heating up. Ridiculous move for her mid range jumper (One of the best in the game)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Strick is now 6-8.

Sun lead 65-63 after 3Q. A good game.

psconn

Reaction Score
WOW. Sun win on some late heroics by Courtney and a measure of luck... on to LA!!

Strick was the difference, no doubt. She has been ridiculous from the arc. 21 points to lead the pack.

That charge on Stewie? I think it was a charge if it was anything, but as the announcer said, not usually called in that situation. I will totally take it.

Not the Sun's best game but they are winning some close ones that they never would have in the past. Its gonna be hard to keep these guys out of the playoffs.

Last edited:

psconn

Reaction Score
Seattle shot over 50% at home and lost... ouch.

Reaction Score
Another good win. They have a lot of firepower! If Morgan can get back to being herself, they will be even more formidable. Great to see her in the game. Love their chemistry and I love they way they get it to the open player.

Reaction Score
Seattle shot over 50% at home and lost... ouch.
Stewie needs to think about what she wants out of the WNBA, if its winning championships, it won't happen with this coach. There is a reason Agler left, and went to LA, the lack of any talent in Seattle, outside of Stewie, Jewell, and Sue, none of the other players would be starters anywhere else. When your other 2 front-court players play a combined 56 minutes a game, and barely get as many rebounds as Stewie, you have a big problem. Same starters this year as last, and Seattle still has the same rebounding problem.

psconn

Reaction Score
Stewie needs to think about what she wants out of the WNBA, if its winning championships, it won't happen with this coach. There is a reason Agler left, and went to LA, the lack of any talent in Seattle, outside of Stewie, Jewell, and Sue, none of the other players would be starters anywhere else. When your other 2 front-court players play a combined 56 minutes a game, and barely get as many rebounds as Stewie, you have a big problem. Same starters this year as last, and Seattle still has the same rebounding problem.

I was thinking about this during the game. Personally, I think Alysha Clark and Crystal Langhorne are way good enough to fill out the starting 5 when the other 3 are Bird, Stewie and Jewell. The bench seems a bit weak, but these guys have no excuse for a mediocre record. Big underachievement in my opinion. Typically in that situation, you have to wonder about the head coach. I guess they could still get it together before the season is over and make a big finish, though.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about this during the game. Personally, I think Alysha Clark and Crystal Langhorne are way good enough to fill out the starting 5 when the other 3 are Bird, Stewie and Jewell. The bench seems a bit weak, but these guys have no excuse for a mediocre record. Big underachievement in my opinion. Typically in that situation, you have to wonder about the head coach. I guess they could still get it together before the season is over and make a big finish, though.
The lack of rebounding is compounded by the fact Clark seldom scores, and too often the small forward on the opposing team has a career night. Clark, and Langhorne have to do a better job rebounding in order for Seattle not to be back in the lottery. If it was just this year you could say ok, but they were as bad rebounding the ball last year, it was leave it to Stewie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom