Sun @ Mercury - 9/01/17 | The Boneyard

Sun @ Mercury - 9/01/17

Reaction Score
Brionna Jones has been running the floor. Who says she is slow?

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Ugh... Sun bumped out of 3rd place. Looked like a replay of the very poor Chicago effort. :(

Good experience for Bri Jones. JJ now 6 away from the all time rebound record.

Now they get to face the best team in the league and LA still has a mathematical chance at the 1 seed. To regain 3rd, the Sun must win and the Liberty must lose to Dallas... unlikely scenario. As bummed as I am, I can appreciate that the top teams still have something to play for going into their last game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Phoenix will beat anyone (but Minnesota) if the officials don't let anyone guard Griner.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Phoenix will beat anyone (but Minnesota) if the officials don't let anyone guard Griner.

They will let anyone guard her. May I suggest Courtney Williams?

BG has learned that if she goes strong to the rim that she is probably going to score or get fouled, unless Big Syl is guarding her. Syl is the only one who can handle BG.

Reaction Score
Ugh... Sun bumped out of 3rd place. Looked like a replay of the very poor Chicago effort. :(

Good experience for Bri Jones. JJ now 6 away from the all time rebound record.

Now they get to face the best team in the league and LA still has a mathematical chance at the 1 seed. To regain 3rd, the Sun must win and the Liberty must lose to Dallas... unlikely scenario. As bummed as I am, I can appreciate that the top teams still have something to play for going into their last game.
It was a bad game, but the refs had something to do with that. It was outrageous when Leilani Mitchell ran right into Alyssa Thomas and got no call. Alyssa barely touches her back and gets called. It was typical of the officiating in that game.

But, anyway, third or fourth is pretty irrelevant. It means they will probably end up playing the Lynx instead of the Sparks, provided they get past the Mystics. They played better against the Lynx this year and I think they match up better against them than they do against the Sparks. The Lynx are starting to look old and the Sun are definitely not. The Sparks are still very athletic, physical, and quick.

Reaction Score
I watched the game. The refs were bad both ways. At the end of the day, CT didn't play well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I watched the game. The refs were bad both ways. At the end of the day, CT didn't play well.
The Sun have tailed off a little of late. Let's see if they can turn it around in the playoffs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom