Sun Dome A Sea of UConn Fans | The Boneyard

Sun Dome A Sea of UConn Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
My brother just called from the arena - says the place is packed - with UConn fans! USF actually sent their season tix holders special parking passes for this game so they were sure to be able to get there easily. That is a first for them.

Looking forward to tip off!

Reaction Score
Well, yeah. It is still snow-bird season. Glad to see our fans are going to do their part to cheer on our Huskies in what could be a challenging game.

Reaction Score
Tried to get decent seats for this game back in Feb and nothing availabe except behind the baskets and in the corners. It would be a 2.5 hour drive each way for me so I will be streaming the game.
Go UConn!!

Olde Coach

Rip, Olde Coach
Reaction Score
My brother just called from the arena - says the place is packed - with UConn fans! USF actually sent their season tix holders special parking passes for this game so they were sure to be able to get there easily. That is a first for them.

Looking forward to tip off!

When I lived in FL (1985-2004) I went to a number of games at Miami, and USF.
There were always way more UConn fans than UM or USF fans. USF fans stand at the beginning of their games (like UConn) does) until they score. So, at a USF home game against UConn, the fans of both teams are standing at the beginning of the game. If UConn scores first, and all the UConn fans sit down, the USF fans who are still standing are less than 20% of the crowd.

When UConn played MIami in their old gym, a full house was about 2800 people on bleacher seats. That was 300 Miami fans and 2500 UConn fans. That was always a tough crowd for the home team to play against. I always felt sorry for the Miami players to be in their own building but have a crowd that was so largely against them.

Reaction Score
Judging by the crowd noise so far there are at least as many UConn fans as USF fans in attendance

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
Tried to get decent seats for this game back in Feb and nothing availabe except behind the baskets and in the corners. It would be a 2.5 hour drive each way for me so I will be streaming the game.
Go UConn!!

I took your place, fiftyish, as my drive is only 2 hours. And yes, the place was packed, and yes I was consigned to the back of the basket.
It was a sea of blue shirts and ( given the 55 degree, high wind day) UConn jackets too.
My highlight was planting myself on the inner circle, so I'm 8 feet from our women's warm-ups.
(until I'm chased away).
My, my, so that's what a 6'5'' player looks like in person. I think TV bulks up Breanna and Stef.
In the warm-ups everybody is hitting shots, but through the game I'm thinking, "Can anybody but Kaleena hit from outside.?"

Reaction Score

Looking forward to tip off![/quote}
Just got home from the game. Mostly UCONN fans at the game but the Sun Dome was half empty. They jacked the normal price of tickets from $7-$10 up to $30 for this game. I bought mine almost two months ago and paid $76 for two tickets. Then this week they release almost half the arena tickets at normal prices. I expect private businesses to gouge but a University.... what a bunch of jerks. But it was a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom