Summers hopes to make bigger impact for UConn football team (J. Fuller) | The Boneyard

Summers hopes to make bigger impact for UConn football team (J. Fuller)

Reaction Score
Summers hopes to make bigger impact for UConn football team

>>Diaco is now the defensive coordinator at Nebraska after being fired at UConn. Randy Edsall is back for his second run as UConn’s head coach and he has made it clear to Summers that there is a higher level of production and reliability that he wants to see out of the Orange, New Jersey, native. Edsall demoted Summers to the second team for a portion of spring practice to get his point across.

“Jamar is inconsistent,” Edsall said. “I brought him in and we talked. He has ability and I like him, a good kid but he has to do the things he is coached (to do) and he needs to listen to us.

“Sometimes these kids, there are people outside the program who tell them all this stuff about the NFL, I know more about the NFL than anybody they go talk to or anything like that (after spending the 2016 season as the director of football research and special projects with the Detroit Lions). What he has to do is just concentrate on what he can do and what he can accomplish at UConn and use the techniques and fundamentals that (UConn defensive backs coach) Curome (Cox) is teaching him. If he does that, he is going to have a chance to be a good player for us. If he is a good player for us, that might give him the opportunity to be looked at and thought of as something by people at the next level.”<<

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom