Summer Trips | The Boneyard

Summer Trips

Reaction Score
I remember back when the Huskies were building their program, they used to take a summer trip to Italy or some other European country every 3 or 4 years. It seemed like a great bonding experience for the team. It's been a long time since I've read about them doing that. Why did they stop doing it? Did the NCAA disallow it, or do Geno and others have too many other summer committments to arrange it? I thought it was one of the strengths of the program and got the next season off to a great start.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I apologize for not knowing the exact dates but I am pretty sure that they did go to Italy for the type of trip you posted about sometime in the last 5 years.

Edit: @EasyEd it was in 2017.

Reaction Score
I remember back when the Huskies were building their program, they used to take a summer trip to Italy or some other European country every 3 or 4 years. It seemed like a great bonding experience for the team. It's been a long time since I've read about them doing that. Why did they stop doing it? Did the NCAA disallow it, or do Geno and others have too many other summer committments to arrange it? I thought it was one of the strengths of the program and got the next season off to a great start.

I thought I read it was every 4 years. If 2017 was the last time, Covid stopped all that.

Reaction Score
Remember when Sue Swin and Tamika were upset that Diana’s group got to go to Hawaii so Geno paid for them to tag along the year after they graduated

Reaction Score
I must have missed the coverage on the 2017 trip. I live in Florida now so unless I checkin to the Boneyard I miss a lot. It seemed we always won a championship after those trips. I thought that might have been why they haven't won one in a while, not that I'm complaining as the consecutive final four appearances is by itself an amazing record and the character of the players doesn't seem to have changed. I've always admired all the young women that have been part of the Husky program. They are the highlight of my winter-spring interests.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
I thought a lot of the girls take Summer Courses to lighten their academic load during the season.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I thought a lot of the girls take Summer Courses to lighten their academic load during the season.
Except for labs which is not part of liberal art type majors, most classes can be taken remotely with assignments submitted electronically etc so it does not prohibit traveling.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I must have missed the coverage on the 2017 trip. I live in Florida now so unless I checkin to the Boneyard I miss a lot. It seemed we always won a championship after those trips. I thought that might have been why they haven't won one in a while, not that I'm complaining as the consecutive final four appearances is by itself an amazing record and the character of the players doesn't seem to have changed. I've always admired all the young women that have been part of the Husky program. They are the highlight of my winter-spring interests.
I found out that they went in 2017 by searching for "Italy" in thread titles. A bunch from 2017 were found. :)

Reaction Score
That trip was the first indication that the incoming Freshman class was going to be a problem. Not much playing time if any.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom