Summer session: where is...well...everybody new? | The Boneyard

Summer session: where is...well...everybody new?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The new kids: do we know for sure...as of June 6... where the following are?

Evelyn
Anna
Evina
Aubrey

For bonus points: how about the oldies but goodies?

Crystal
Molly
Kyla
Batouly
Megan
Christyn
Olivia

BTW: should I just give up on the Geno tease on getting another addition for the 2019-2020 season?

BTW #2 : I see that Chris Dailey will be playing in the GHO Pro-Am on Wednesday June 19....no Geno [given knee issue not a surprise]
Might we see a player or two hanging around CD...maybe coaching her golf game up with humor if not insight?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
BTW: should I just give up on the Geno tease on getting another addition for the 2019-2020 season?
I ask myself that every day. If there is a shoe ... and it does drop later on, it will be interesting to know what kept it so long? Sedona Prince I could understand. Maybe there are one or two more like that?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Me too... this is a long time between shoe drops. ;^)

I'm not complaining at all. This spring has been full of gift wrapped packages. The unprecedented (squared) excellence of UConn is a monster of Geno et als creation, but as we have seen it still gives UConn a calling card of great weight ('my mom cried, I cried oh yeah I cried' for example) and Ania's pro team didn't bother to offer her $$, 'cuz they knew she was gone (right out from under Coach Kelly's nose too). So, yeah, we are spoiled and want to complete the saga with a Big!

Need at least one Big post a day.

Reaction Score
I can honestly say that I am not taking classes. However, I did retire Oliver. Oliver is my Seed Bull after 12 years of very hard and difficult work. He is now allowed to roam and do what ever he wants. He could have been hamburger, but I kind of like the old fellow. But like my fellow posters, I also have been anticipating some type of announcement that would be critical for the coming season. But, be that as it may, the longer the silence, it seems to be less likely to happen. If it does, it will be a mighty big surprise. Probably, another guard or 6' 2" forward, not the 8 foot wonder that I have been hoping for.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I haven't. Not like Geno to tease unless he was fairly certain. There could be a number of things holding up the announcement such as degree completion at the old school or international competition eg. FIBA U19 world cup.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

I wonder if Anna Makurat would have chosen #24 if she had fully appreciated into whose shoes she would be stepping by wearing that number. Or maybe she just enjoys encouraging people to have high expectations for her!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I wonder if Anna Makurat would have chosen #24 if she had fully appreciated into whose shoes she would be stepping by wearing that number. Or maybe she just enjoys encouraging people to have high expectations for her!

You have to be pretty iconic for your number to carry a big enough weight that people consider who wore it last, and as much as I love and appreciate what Phee did the past four years, I don’t think her legacy carries that kind of weight. For most athletes, any number other than THEIR number (for Anna that would be #13, but that’s obviously taken) is just a number.

I also think it’s unfair to imply that she didn’t know about Phee’s contributions to the program. She knows. People who even casually follow the program know.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Good things come to those who wait (and are patient). It's not officially summer yet (June 21). There's still plenty of time for the announcement we're ALL waiting for. ;)

Reaction Score

Maybe she only aspires to be like Brianna Pulido (who wore #24 before Phee).

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Sorry @JoePgh, but she knows everyone on UConn's names and numbers for years I suspect you do not appreciate her potential. ABTW, nobody has to teach her how to hit a shot from essentially anywhere. So, I'll go with your better spirited thought : "Or maybe she just enjoys encouraging people to have high expectations for her!" I'm betting she'll deliver.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I haven't. Not like Geno to tease unless he was fairly certain. There could be a number of things holding up the announcement such as degree completion at the old school or international competition eg. FIBA U19 world cup.

Honestly, I thought the comment made by Coach Auriemma was overblown by the media/fanbase. I think he was just stating that in regards to recruiting, anybody can commit at any given time.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom