Reaction Score
Do I have this right?
The session starts Monday June 3.
Of the newcomers do we expect to have in attendance:

Ania?
Aubrey?
Evelyn?
Evina?

There was a thread a while back with Geno hinting at another addition...if there is no announcement
by June 3 should we lower expectations on that front?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
There was a thread a while back with Geno hinting at praying for ;):rolleyes: another addition...if there is no announcement by June 3 should we lower expectations on that front?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Do I have this right?
The session starts Monday June 3.
Of the newcomers do we expect to have in attendance:

Ania?
Aubrey?
Evelyn?
Evina?

There was a thread a while back with Geno hinting at another addition...if there is no announcement
by June 3 should we lower expectations on that front?
I think your assessment is correct for WBB programs around the country. Most begin summer sessions next week, and they expect all of their incoming players to be on campus with the veterans getting ahead on their course work, hitting the weight room and playing pickup games with the team.

The vast majority of transfers have already announced their intentions. There are a handful of players (Laksa, Cooper, etc.) that have yet to announce. I would certainly expect most of the remaining holdouts to announce where they are heading this week.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Last night on a IG live, Christyn said she was headed to China.

Anyone know if this is a team trip? I don't think she's currently on a USAB team...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I certainly expect Aubrey to be on campus next week. I think Evelyn and Evina are likely. I'm not sure about Anna, because I don't know what she's doing in Poland.

I agree that, if there are no new faces on campus by June 3-4, the chances of picking up another player for this fall are low.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Hmmm...let's keep hope alive! I recall that Svet arrived on campus in late August before her frosh year....first time in the USA I think.

Repeat story from waaaay back:

I went down to Storrs to see some kind of football scrimmage in late August...in the olde stadium.
The women's team arrived en masse with Svet in tow. They stayed for a while...laughing and commenting on the football game. Svet sat at the end of the group...with virtually no interaction between her and the team. It had to be just a day or two since her arrival. I bet she had no clue as to what she was watching....American 'football' as opposed to her real football...soccer.

The team got up to leave and someone tapped her on the shoulder and she dutifully followed.
I truly felt a bit sad for her given all this newness to a young lady from Russia.

Fast forward maybe 2 or 3 weeks and I went down to see the women scrimmage. Difference was very comforting. There was a lot of friendly interaction...players talking to her...laughing...applauding her when she made a nice play...lots of smiles from Svet. She did not initiate the talk....but clearly enjoyed the way they were treating her. I felt a whole lot better abut her coming to Storrs.

Fast forward a few years and we get Svet and Geno trading quips at pressers...with Svet holding her own.

Nice! [Hoping for some kind of repeat come late August 2019.]

Hmmm #2: if she doesn't go down with a season ending injury against LadyVol her senior year we win that title.

Maybe second team all-time at UConn?

First team: Tina/Stewie/Maya/Dee and Sue

Hmm#3: somewhere I read that Ania is going to be hosted by a Polish group in New Britain...I would hope that helps her adjust to the USA.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Hmmm...let's keep hope alive! I recall that Svet arrived on campus in late August before her frosh year....first time in the USA I think.

Repeat story from waaaay back:

I went down to Storrs to see some kind of football scrimmage in late August...in the olde stadium.
The women's team arrived en masse with Svet in tow. They stayed for a while...laughing and commenting on the football game. Svet sat at the end of the group...with virtually no interaction between her and the team. It had to be just a day or two since her arrival. I bet she had no clue as to what she was watching....American 'football' as opposed to her real football...soccer.

The team got up to leave and someone tapped her on the shoulder and she dutifully followed.
I truly felt a bit sad for her given all this newness to a young lady from Russia.

Fast forward maybe 2 or 3 weeks and I went down to see the women scrimmage. Difference was very comforting. There was a lot of friendly interaction...players talking to her...laughing...applauding her when she made a nice play...lots of smiles from Svet. She did not initiate the talk....but clearly enjoyed the way they were treating her. I felt a whole lot better abut her coming to Storrs.

Fast forward a few years and we get Svet and Geno trading quips at pressers...with Svet holding her own.

Nice! [Hoping for some kind of repeat come late August 2019.]

Hmmm #2: if she doesn't go down with a season ending injury against LadyVol her senior year we win that title.

Maybe second team all-time at UConn?

First team: Tina/Stewie/Maya/Dee and Sue

Hmm#3: somewhere I read that Ania is going to be hosted by a Polish group in New Britain...I would hope that helps her adjust to the USA.

I have always found that ladies from that part of the world almost always have a wicked and well developed sense of humor. I suppose that is a prerequisite dealing with the issues in daily society they face. Perhaps a generalization but that is my experience. Nika and Ania will be no different I expect.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have always found that ladies from that part of the world almost always have a wicked and well developed sense of humor. I suppose that is a prerequisite dealing with the issues in daily society they face. Perhaps a generalization but that is my experience. Nika and Ania will be no different I expect.
@eebmg My wife is German and she has a very wicked sense of humor. I was stationed in Europe for over 15 years and found that many Europeans have them.

Reaction Score
@eebmg My wife is German and she has a very wicked sense of humor. I was stationed in Europe for over 15 years and found that many Europeans have them.
My sisters husband and his extended family is German (or Polish if you talk to a WW2 German). My Uncle brought home a German war bride much to his displeasure. I'm on a close relationship with multiple nationalities of European Americans I'd be hard pressed to label any of them with specific characteristics. Now FOOD and tasty food each nationality has it's own speciality and each is great. To me Polish, old time Polish, weddings are fantastic with great food.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom