Suicide Squad | The Boneyard

Suicide Squad

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Went to see it last night. Reminded me of the Boneyard if they made a movie about us.

I'm generally not a fan of the DC comics universe, the stories are often weak (aside from the three Dark Knight movies). This was better, solid story, good pace and didn't drag as these sometimes do. Acting from Margot Robbie and Will Smith was excellent. Margot really dominates this movie with her Harley Quinn...she's just mesmerizing every moment she's on screen (and not just to look at...but that too). The update to the Joker as a scary, psycho gang-leader type guy really works as a translation to modern times.

Overall it's worth seeing if you like that kind of thing.

Reaction Score
2 people at work saw it and said it was bad, i still want to see it at some point

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
2 people at work saw it and said it was bad, i still want to see it at some point

My wife hated it. Daughter liked it a lot. It's not for everyone. Lots of pretty crazy people behaving accordingly. It's not great...but I thought pretty good.

Reaction Score
My wife hated it. Daughter liked it a lot. It's not for everyone. Lots of pretty crazy people behaving accordingly. It's not great...but I thought pretty good.

I think they were complaining about the plot and how the movie made no sense. They are also really into comic books and those type of movies but oh well.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think they were complaining about the plot and how the movie made no sense. They are also really into comic books and those type of movies but oh well.

It's not the Avengers movies or Captain America movies with a truly great story line. But for a DC franchise it isn't a terrible story, and the sub-stories for Deathshot (Will Smith) and Harley Quinn make it interesting enough.

Reaction Score
My brother and I both really liked it but it didn't click for my wife. I thought the ensemble was great and really well acted especially Harley Quinn, Deadshot, and Diablo (surprisingly because I had no idea who he was). Overall it did have some plot issues but was just a fun time. I was smiling for pretty much the entire movie.

I would recommend everyone check it out.

Reaction Score
Rottentomatoes has it at 24% from the critics and 70% from the audience. I don't think I have ever seen such a variance.

Reaction Score
I thought it was just OK. Robbie's ass in those short shorts made up for a lot of the movies short comings.

Reaction Score
I thought it sucked, unless you consider it the true reboot of Ghostbusters.

Reaction Score
Went to see it last night. Reminded me of the Boneyard if they made a movie about us.

I'm generally not a fan of the DC comics universe, the stories are often weak (aside from the three Dark Knight movies). This was better, solid story, good pace and didn't drag as these sometimes do. Acting from Margot Robbie and Will Smith was excellent. Margot really dominates this movie with her Harley Quinn...she's just mesmerizing every moment she's on screen (and not just to look at...but that too). The update to the Joker as a scary, psycho gang-leader type guy really works as a translation to modern times.

Overall it's worth seeing if you like that kind of thing.
Thought it was fun but you definitely have to check your brain at the door. Its very basic in plot and character depth. Robbies Harley Quinn was fantastic. Deadshot Will Smith was far better than expected. Letos joker was TERRIBLE! Extremely disappointed. Definitely takes a back seat to Ledger and Jack. Really liked Enchantress and found her creepy ! Viola Davis was awesome as Amanda waller. Would like to see more of her in the future. Overall a fun ride but not great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom