Suggestions for Bridgeport Restaurants? | The Boneyard

Suggestions for Bridgeport Restaurants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Tried to get a reservation at Ralph 'n' Rich's for Monday nite, but they were booked already :(

Can anyone recommend a decent place within walking distance of the Arena for Monday nite? It doesn't have to be fancy-schmancy ... just pretty good. Thanks!

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
Ralph's and Riches is my all time favorite but I got stiffed on my attempt to make a reservation as well

Reaction Score
If you want a great steak and are willing to pay for it, Joseph's is excellent. For something cheaper and more eclectic try Two Boots (Pizza/Cajun) or Murphy's Law (bar menu). I've never been there but I've also heard that the Barnum Publick House is pretty good.

Reaction Score
If you do go to Josephs Steakhouse{which is amazing by the way} just think of the "Rule of 2". That is
2 people
2 appetizers
2 entrees
2 drinks each
2 hundred dollar bill ;)

Reaction Score
Tried to get a reservation at Ralph 'n' Rich's for Monday nite, but they were booked already :(

Can anyone recommend a decent place within walking distance of the Arena for Monday nite? It doesn't have to be fancy-schmancy ... just pretty good. Thanks!

Testos been going there for 40 years-Good food , large portions, not expensive- Madison ave

Reaction Score
Thanks for all the suggestions! Testos sounded good, but too far to walk from the Arena. We're going to try the Barnum Publick House.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Go to a fancier place. Check Zagat's to see if they have the educational background of the waiters/servers. If most of them went to Duke, it is a good restaurant, as Geno will tell you. :)
I understand the maitre d's are all from Stanford.

Reaction Score
I'd suggest:
Portuguese O Manuel (sp?); or
Brazilian _______(sorry drawing blank on name, but google is your friend)

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, there are not too many restaurants within walking distance.
Ralph n' Richs - expensive but great Italian food. I doubt you can get a reservation now. We made our 2 weeks ago.
Joseph's Steak House - expensive NY style steak house. Owner was former Maitre d at Peter Lugers.
Barnum Publik House - new restaurant, American fare. I have not eaten there but my son has and he liked it.
Tiago's - average pub style menu
Holiday Inn - I have never eaten there. I would expect it to be your typical average hotel fare.

Within a 5-10 minute car ride there are numerous places. If you are interested let me know and I will respond after I return home from today's games.

Reaction Score
Go to a fancier place. Check Zagat's to see if they have the educational background of the waiters/servers. If most of them went to Duke, it is a good restaurant, as Geno will tell you. :)

LOL ... That was a great one by Geno!!!

Hmmmm ... but I dunno if I'd trust a Duke grad with my soup! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom