Sueing NCAA for fraud | The Boneyard

Sueing NCAA for fraud

Reaction Score
I'm not a lawyer, but this whole situation is so unfair, North Carolina got away with blatant cheating, can't the NCAA be sued for fraud for not doing its basic duty of making sure sports in college are clean and legitimate? Or isn't that their duty?

The NCAA regulates conduct on the sports fields so that competition is fair and a particular sport's rules are followed. Doesn't this extend to making sure student athletes also "study" fairly and don't gain any undeserved advantages? Bogus courses, whether given to other students besides athletes or not, should not be tolerated, are indeed unfair, and if the NCAA doesn't have the power or authority to regulate this, then some other organization should be given the task.

I'm disgusted but hope some smart and dedicated fans who know the law will sue the corrupt organization that is the NCAA. If nothing else, even if it doesn't succeed, bringing a suit against the NCAA will keep this issue active in the public's eye, and maybe if enough outrage happens and the media and the government really det involved, then something actually will happen to address this problem.

Don't let cheaters get away with their cheating!

Reaction Score
No school is going to spend millions of dollars to sue the NCAA into being stricter. There's just no real incentive for anyone to do it.

Reaction Score
No school is going to spend millions of dollars to sue the NCAA into being stricter. There's just no real incentive for anyone to do it.
The next time the NCAA comes down hard on a deep pocketed P5
(How much revenue has Southern Cal lost do to sanctions )
team for any infraction remotely associated with academics, I could see a legal battle that will pretty much doom the NCAA.
Haven’t they established a jurisdictional precedent.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've said it in another thread. FOIA UNC for all written communication between the NCAA and UNC regarding this matter. I think last week's penalty report, the one that UNC responded so negatively to, might well be interesting reading.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I've said it in another thread. FOIA UNC for all written communication between the NCAA and UNC regarding this matter. I think last week's penalty report, the one that UNC responded so negatively to, might well be interesting reading.

It depends on the state laws.

IIRC, Penn st had some bizarre protections via foia so they didn't have to share much from the Sandusky stuff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom