OT: Sue the NCAA | The Boneyard

OT: Sue the NCAA

Reaction Score
I know this is totally ridiculous, and would never happen, but I saw someone mention on Twitter how UConn never should've admitted it violated APR and how much more damaging it was for them than SU and still-unpunished-UNC. Indeed, it seems it would've been better to flat-out deny everything.

At this point, it almost feels like the NCAA has selectively enforced policies in order to cause maximum damage to schools it can afford to destroy and leave other schools completely unscathed.

We invest $100 million to upgrade to D1 while other schools collude against it, restricting our ability to make money, recruit, grow our program. It's practically a cartel.

The damage is done -- we're stuck in the AAC with little hope of leaving anytime soon, the basketball program is in a dire place, the football program MIGHT be slowly putting out its own dumpster fire... the entire Athletic Department is losing money.

Is there nothing we can do? Just sit back and take it?

I know these are the rants of a madman, but it just seem insane to me that the NCAA can selectively enforce their own bylaws, creating and destroying programs with a whim.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
There's nothing we can do at this point, but I've always felt we shouldn't have rolled over on a retro-active rule change that penalized our kids. If the rule change was prospective, it wouldn't have bothered me.

The fact that the penalty is the same for comply but having kids get low scores and for active fraud to avoid compliance is a bit troubling to me as well.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Suing the ACC the first time around did us no favors when they wanted to expand again a few years later. Suing our problems away is like our former players trying to transfer their suck away.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
That's the theory anyway but Miami managed to avoid a sanction by threatening suit.

Oh and we could have sent ACC flowers after the first raid and BC still will would have blocked our invite. It was about turf, not hurt feelings.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I was the idiot on Twitter, but I believe it.

It reminded me of the time that the NCAA announced that any player who received help paying prep school tuition had committed a violation and if they would come forward, there would be "amnesty" and the player would only receive a three game suspension.

In the entire country, three kids admitted it and were suspended and the NCAA didn't spend one second investigating anyone who didn't admit it. Caron Butler was one of the three - UConn got a ton of a bad press and lost to Dayton during his suspension. UConn should have done what everyone else did - just kept quiet.

On the APR, we should have done what everyone else is doing - we should have lied. It is accepted behavoir and I don't know why we decided that we were going to toe the line when everyone else in the same position just gamed the system.

But as for a lawsuit...ah, who are we gonna sue and for what?

Reaction Score
Six North Carolina tutors named to Academic All-American team - Sports Pickle

Six tutors for North Carolina’s men’s basketball team were named to the Academic All-American team today for enabling the Tar Heels roster to stay academically eligible for the 2016-2017 season by taking exams and writing papers for them. The six UNC students, five females and one male, were honored by the coaches and players today with a brief ceremony in the team’s locker room. The students were then sent back to work on history papers that are due next week.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom