Sue B and Stewie Rock It In Seattle Sports Awards | The Boneyard

Sue B and Stewie Rock It In Seattle Sports Awards

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Bird, who led the Storm to the WNBA title this past season while having one of the best seasons of her 17-year Storm career, was given the Royal Brougham Award, “given to an individual for a lifetime of achievement in sports and who exemplifies the spirit of our state.” ...

“This is different than any other award I’ve won, because it’s not one singular thing or one singular year, but for a career worth of achievements and to be honored like this in this city is pretty cool,” Bird said.

Who was Royal Brougham you ask? Pretty cool dude I say: Brougham, Royal (1894-1978), Journalist - HistoryLink.org

Now on to Stewie: "It was a big night for the entire Storm team. Its 2018 WNBA title won the Sports Story award. Breanna Stewart, who was the WNBA’s regular season and finals MVP, beat a strong group of nominees to win the Female Sports Star award." Sorta a no brainer there ...what?

And some more from Sue in a pretty good read:

“I definitely feel like Seattle is home,” she said. “I came out here after I got drafted when I was 21 and I am still here at 38. In a lot of ways, in my adult years, I grew up here. The best way to describe it is every time I am at the airport, it’s ‘Ah, I’m home.'”

Stewart, who like Bird was a star at Connecticut and a No. 1 overall draft pick (2016), was chosen as Female Sports Star over Special Olympics USA Games athlete Devon Adelman, WSU soccer player Morgan Weaver, UW softball player Sis Bates, Seattle University basketball player Alexis Montgomery and the Seattle Reign’s Jodie Taylor.

“Not only was Stewy MVP of the season and finals, which is a huge honor in the very best league, but a week later she was leading (the U.S.) to a world championship in the Canary Islands in Spain and she was the best player in the tournament,” said Bird of Stewart, who is playing in Russia and did not attend Thursday’s event."

Big winners at Seattle’s 84th Sports Star of Year awards include Sue Bird, Gardner Minshew

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
You are a prolific and diverse poster, but I scooped you on this one hours ago! :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro
Top Bottom