Sue and Dee: Joined at the Hip | The Boneyard

Sue and Dee: Joined at the Hip

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
NYT article on the duo. Geno says they are very much the same, but Sue hides it better!

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/sports/basketball/wnba-diana-tuarasi-sue-bird.html?_r=0

“They know your offense better than you know your offense; they know where you’re supposed to be better than you know where you’re supposed to be,” Auriemma said. “They’re the best I’ve ever been around.”

No puff piece. Some real interesting stuff here.

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Voelpel article about DT: Being the best teammate possible is more important to Diana Taurasi than WNBA scoring mark

"Personalities are just as important as talent on teams," Taurasi said. "There have been teams I've played on that, frankly, weren't very good talentwise. But everyone was on the same page trying to get the same things done, and you can live with that.

"Then there have been teams with different agendas, which ripped the fabric of just wanting to win. And then you're too busy fixing yourself and your team, instead of working on beating other teams. That's when things become very difficult."

Reaction Score
Voelpel article about DT: Being the best teammate possible is more important to Diana Taurasi than WNBA scoring mark

"Then there have been teams with different agendas, which ripped the fabric of just wanting to win. And then you're too busy fixing yourself and your team, instead of working on beating other teams. That's when things become very difficult."

I have the feeling this was the issue with the Mercury team last summer, given replacing with ten new faces and multiple comments made by the Phoenix commentators on League Pass.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom