Substitution Question | The Boneyard

Substitution Question

Reaction Score
Since Geno was not going to play Gabby, for whatever reason-mostly his stubbornness, and Katie was still hurting, who would he have put in if Stevens had fouled out with four minutes remaining?

Reaction Score
Since Geno was not going to play Gabby, for whatever reason-mostly his stubbornness, and Katie was still hurting, who would he have put in if Stevens had fouled out with four minutes remaining?
You realize Gabby was effectively injured and Geno was not willing to put her out there at less than 100%? Kyla or KLS would come in for Stevens depending on if KLS was back on the bench by that time.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Gabby was having migraine headache problems and thus was unable to play. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Geno's stubbornness. Please read a bit before you criticize in such an uninformed manner. This is a medical issue, not just a performance problem.

Reaction Score
Geno was stubborn enough to only go with 4 players.
Is that the answer you were looking for? :eek:
Gee, I only wanted an opinion regarding who he might put in in that circumstance.
Believe it or not, Geno does have flaws.
Gabby does get migranes, but there is more to it. He is very stubborn. If he has a problem with a player he will not play her regardless of the situation.

Reaction Score
Gee, I only wanted an opinion regarding who he might put in in that circumstance.
Gabby does get migranes, but there is more to it. He is very stubborn. If he has a problem with a player he will not play her regardless of the situation.

This is an idiotic post, as was the first one.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Geno commented in the post game presser that there was no one on the bench that could have helped. It also sounded like Lou was probably ok to go but Geno didn't want to mess it up further, or words to that effect.

So my guess is it being December, he would have put Kyla in. She has been early off the bench recently and would be the best matchup against Westbeld. Possible he would have gone with Lou, but I'm guessing he would not have. He did put her in briefly, but that was only to inbound a pass.

It was smart on Geno's part to put Z on Westbeld and not Shepard since Westbeld does not tend to draw fouls, only four free throws this year. One thing lost in the great fourth quarter was that as a team we only committed one or two fouls, and those were right at the end when the game was really over.

Reaction Score
Kyla Irwin. I thought she should have played early on because she's willing and able to mix it up underneath with the ND wide bodies. I like her hustle and I think she's a good shooter.

Reaction Score
As mentioned above Gabby had a migraine and Geno didn't want her playing at least than 100%! I've been getting migraines since I was a teenager and I'm now 70! It is totally debilitating vision-wise, nausea-wise, and headache-wise, so a smart move holding her out!
KLS came in for 30 seconds near the end if ND fouled she is one of the better free-throw shooters on the team!
When UCONN went back to defense KLS game out for Walker and then the game ended soon after.
It's a legit ? if Azura DID foul out what were Geno's options since he had a thin bench the whole game! It was not widely known that Gabby was suffering from migraines so there was no explanation till way later! So whether Geno was displeased with Gabby ( not a usual thing) or she was sick or injured was an unknown!

Reaction Score
I would assume that Kyla would have gotten the call if Z would have picked up her 5th at least till the point Lou reappeared from the locker room and claimed she can play

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score

Its kind of simple. If all you want is an opinion on who would have been the next substitute, don't surround it with statements that are ignorant and / or at best a sign of your lack of knowledge.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
What you call being stubborn others (me included) might call an uncompromising standard that will not allow any player to be lees than they can be.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score

Welcome to the Bonyard!! Buckle up, keep your extremities inside the car at all times, and proceed at your own risk. :cool:

Reaction Score
I was thinking the same thing at the time. I would guess Kyla then AEH if need be...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom