OT - stupid soccer haha | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - stupid soccer haha

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Christian Pulisic is a STAR for years to come in the best soccer leagues. He is 5-8 140 pounds. OK ... what other sport would he clearly fit?

None. Nor would Messi. But that's what I was saying? Lack of athletes is not the problem. Developing skills is. And Pulisic needs about 15-20 pounds of muscle, the CONCACAF teams have figured out that he can be taken out of his game with physical play. T&T did it last night.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Chin is right the ratings were going to suck of the time zones. That is one bright spot, less getting up in the middle of the night for heartbreaking losses.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The ECU game didn't get bumped either - the stadium just was already rented on Saturday.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
You came to do a victory lap because some soccer team lost and now you're upset that people are calling you out on it. Grow up.
You're 100% wrong. If anything, "petulant" fits the guys name-calling at the moment, because they're the ones upset that they're being called out.
There are surely sports I don't watch. Let's start with gymnastics or figure skating. I hate both. But I wouldn't come here, especially to the FB board, if something negative happened to the US team in either. I'd be indifferent and move on. So to you, answer Fishy's point, why did you come here to do a "victory lap"? Why would you say "this is great!"

Reaction Score
Yet here you are, posting on a UConn football message board, consuming one of the worst products in college football, which is already a significantly worse product than the NFL, all the while complaining about the MLS/US Soccer being a significantly worse product than the EPL.

The irony.

Last edited:

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Yet here you are, posting on a UConn football message board, consuming one of the worst products in college football, which is already a significantly worse product than the NFL, all the while complaining about the MLS/US Soccer being a significantly worse product than the EPL.

The irony.

The day someone argues that college football and the NFL are remotely equivalent, your line might make sense.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Just look at the thread title: tell me you're surprised that you're taking flak for it...

Um, I'm not? I'm simply calling out the pompous types who make hating the soccer culture easy.

Reaction Score
I don't understand, are you mad that US Soccer sucks, or that soccer exists at all in the world... ? Or that Rentschler Field idiotically took free money on a day with nothing scheduled, not realizing months in advance that there might be a hurricane... ?

Maybe we should just keep the stadium permanently empty. Just in case.

Reaction Score
The day someone argues that college football and the NFL are remotely equivalent, your line might make sense.

Aren’t you complaining about the MLS and USA being a terrible and inferior product while simultaneously consuming a terrible product (UConn) in an inferior league (CFB)?

Reaction Score
Sorry to channel my inner @whaler11 and take glee in so much suffering, but this is great!

1) Tell me again how "up and coming" USA soccer is
2) Same for MLS making us better
3) Can't wait to see those ratings for the world cup!

We couldn't beat a small island's b team in a flooded high school-size stadium.

Yes, I'm still salty about the ECU game being bumped for 2nd-tier MLS nonsense.
Watch MLS instead of NFL Kneelers.

Yes a professional sport where they pay players $millions and UCONN can't get 10K Season's Tickets. Hard decision LOL.

40K per game down here in Atlanta. When NFL ends because of concussions, you will watch.

Reaction Score
Sorry to channel my inner @whaler11 and take glee in so much suffering, but this is great!

1) Tell me again how "up and coming" USA soccer is
2) Same for MLS making us better
3) Can't wait to see those ratings for the world cup!

We couldn't beat a small island's b team in a flooded high school-size stadium.

Yes, I'm still salty about the ECU game being bumped for 2nd-tier MLS nonsense.
I'm not a huge soccer fan. but your post is very douchey at best.
taking delight in others suffering is not a character trait to be looked at favorably.

Reaction Score
Christian Pulisic is a STAR for years to come in the best soccer leagues. He is 5-8 140 pounds. OK ... what other sport would he clearly fit?
Ever see Spud Webb?

Reaction Score
I love the fact that for all the dumb things I’ve written on here there is always someone willing to step up and make me feel better about myself.

Thanks for having my back pepband99

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Soccer in this country does not attract the best athletes. Until it does, the US will not be a factor in international play.
wrong
kids in this country grow up with a baseball, basketball or football in their hands
if it was like the rest of the world and it was a soccer ball - it's highly likely the U.S. would field the best teams

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hell - *I* sometimes watch EPL on weekends (though mainly because it's one of a few live sports items in 4K). But, we're not talking about EPL.

...and the guy who called me "ignorant" said "could care less." LOL
You said a really stupid thing
Back peddling ain't getting you anywhere fast
Arsenine just might be fitting instead of ignorant
Nobody is putting a gun to your head to watch soccer - if you dislike the sport why watch?

Reaction Score
Not one of the OP's better moments. Laughing at the loss of a team in an unrelated sport on a forum of a team that has gone 12-29 in a minor league over the past 3+ seasons . . .

U.S. Soccer has the same issue UConn football has right now -- a dearth of talent among players in their prime years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom