OT: Stunned there's no talk of Kemba to the Celtics. | The Boneyard

OT: Stunned there's no talk of Kemba to the Celtics.

Reaction Score
Here's a team without a PG. They have $35m in cap room now.

They need a leader, because they have just one left, Marcus Smart.

And they probably only need one piece after Kemba to be a contender.

What am I missing?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
They didn't draft with seeing Kemba in their future
Kemba needs an ideal fit and don't think that is Boston right now

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
Super max- 5 years/$221M

Bird (w/CHA)- 5 years/$190M

Team w/room- 4 years/$141M

Kemba is not leaving Charlotte to play for the Celtics.

Reaction Score
No idea why people didn't view Boston as a contender when Kyrie left. They went to game 7 of the ECF without him!! That team as is, without Kyrie, is a contender. Al left because all of a sudden he thinks that they aren't? Baynes now too? Amazing that the Celtics were posed to be a "dynasty," and then one year of Kryie just completely dismantled this team from the ground up to the point that they only have six guys left on their team. In one year they went from a dynasty to rebuilding. Kyrie basically is Thanos. If he goes to the Lakers, he will be one of the greatest villains ever in the eyes of Boston.

I think Kemba fits better, basketball wise, in Boston than in LA or Charlotte. Doubt he will go to Boston now that they drafted three point guards, and because of the money in the posts above.

Reaction Score
feel like boston is freeing up cap space to take a run at dlo, not kemba

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t want to go if I were Kemba. Horford was the only guy in the East who could slow down Embiid, and now he’s gone. Boston will struggle mightily with Philly from here on out. Kemba, Tatum, another “piece”, and Coach Stevens won’t be enough.

Reaction Score
They didn't draft with seeing Kemba in their future
Kemba needs an ideal fit and don't think that is Boston right now

Does their draft show any future possibilities at all? I mean, I thought their draft was completely irrelevant to anything that will ever happen for them, other than possibly trading Brown and having Langford develop.

Reaction Score
No idea why people didn't view Boston as a contender when Kyrie left. They went to game 7 of the ECF without him!! That team as is, without Kyrie, is a contender. Al left because all of a sudden he thinks that they aren't? Baynes now too? Amazing that the Celtics were posed to be a "dynasty," and then one year of Kryie just completely dismantled this team from the ground up to the point that they only have six guys left on their team. In one year they went from a dynasty to rebuilding. Kyrie basically is Thanos. If he goes to the Lakers, he will be one of the greatest villains ever in the eyes of Boston.

I think Kemba fits better, basketball wise, in Boston than in LA or Charlotte. Doubt he will go to Boston now that they drafted three point guards, and because of the money in the posts above.

The PGs they drafted wont even make the team.

The money in Charlotte assumes Charlotte wants to max him out, and I think Kemba has already said he'd take less.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

How dare you put kyries name in the same sentence with earth’s greatest hero.

Reaction Score
The PGs they drafted wont even make the team.

The money in Charlotte assumes Charlotte wants to max him out, and I think Kemba has already said he'd take less.

He said he'd take less if it helped Charlotte add more help.

If we're believing everything he's said he has really no interest in leaving Charlotte, and if he does leave there's no reason Boston would be the destination.

Reaction Score
He said he'd take less if it helped Charlotte add more help.

If we're believing everything he's said he has really no interest in leaving Charlotte, and if he does leave there's no reason Boston would be the destination.

All I'm saying that Charlotte will not likely give him the most he could get with them, and Kemba realizes this. Those Supermax contracts are going to be few and far between.

Reaction Score
Top free agents don't go to Boston.

He also is a bad fit for Stevens' system.
Gordon Hayward just went there and you had Al Horford, Rasheed Wallace and Shaq in the past. I mean what city is a destination place besides the LA Lakers?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Gordon Hayward just went there and you had Ray Allen and KG go there in the past.
While I think the trope is old (things have changed a lot in Boston), they traded for Allen and KG, and only Hayward and Horford have been high level free agents to sign there.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Cs are in super top secret talks to get Kawhi.

What a weird draft for the Celtics.

I was have expecting them to throw the hometown kid a bone and pick up JA at 51

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom