Students that have attended past Final Fours | The Boneyard

Students that have attended past Final Fours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn has finally emailed season ticket holding students informing them that tickets to the final four will be available on a first come first serve basis tomorrow at 9:30 am for $40.

This would be the first final four for me as a student. How does travel work for students? Are we on our own for airfare/hotel rooms? Have they ever included packages for the students similar to those in the husky club? Do they offer a different kind of student package? If we are on our own, once we get there, will there be shuttles/buses available to bring us to hotels? We aren't 25, so I don't think we can rent a car. So far the only information they have sent out to us is about the tickets alone.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
UConn has finally emailed season ticket holding students informing them that tickets to the final four will be available on a first come first serve basis tomorrow at 9:30 am for $40.

This would be the first final four for me as a student. How does travel work for students? Are we on our own for airfare/hotel rooms? Have they ever included packages for the students similar to those in the husky club? Do they offer a different kind of student package? If we are on our own, once we get there, will there be shuttles/buses available to bring us to hotels? We aren't 25, so I don't think we can rent a car. So far the only information they have sent out to us is about the tickets alone.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

In 2011, we were on our own.

Reaction Score
The university better not embarrass themselves with an empty student section again. Every other school in 2011 subsidized the students.

Reaction Score
The university better not embarrass themselves with an empty student section again. Every other school in 2011 subsidized the students.
Yes, that was embarrassing. All those rice and Houston students in our section.

Reaction Score
You can rent a car under 25, you just have to pay a bit more. That said, you'll probably end up being on your own because the AD left them out in the cold last time. That said, any student looking to fly take a look at flying out of Boston, it's cheaper and I'd be happy to help anyone coming to find free street parking for the weekend.

Reaction Score
I really hope the Athletic Dept has a plan in place to prevent a repeat of the empty student section in Houston.

There's gotta be a way to get the students willing to go down there.

Reaction Score
I went in '04, UConn was the only school that did it wrong. I have no faith that they have made any changes to fix it

Reaction Score
Yes, that was embarrassing. All those rice and Houston students in our section.
I was there in 2o11, just not as a student. I saw the section and I agree it was embarrassing. We know that Kentucky and Florida are going to absolutely fill those student section seats to their max capacity. All 700 seats. I'm worried that we're going to have a repeat of 2011. As much as I've been waiting for this opportunity, some people just can't afford this. I'm obviously still planning on getting tickets, but getting there is nowhere close to a guarantee.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
If your a student who can't go and are interested in purchasing a ticket and "signing it over to me at will call" I'd really appreciate the assist.

I'll pay for it of course and make it worth your while.

Reaction Score
If your a student who can't go and are interested in purchasing a ticket and "signing it over to me at will call" I'd really appreciate the assist.
If I can not go, I'll let you know. Don't worry, no jacking up of prices on Buy or Sell from me.

Reaction Score

I'll pay for it of course and make it worth your while.

Hey OkaForPrez I'm trying to do the same thing and was interested how the signing over process worked? On Florida ticket site it says they have to pick the tickets up onsite unless I misunderstood.

Reaction Score
Hey OkaForPrez I'm trying to do the same thing and was interested how the signing over process worked? On Florida ticket site it says they have to pick the tickets up onsite unless I misunderstood.
I believe it's actually not possible. IIRC the student tickets don't actually exist on paper and are non-transferable or resellable.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I believe it's actually not possible. IIRC the student tickets don't actually exist on paper and are non-transferable or resellable.

For this most recent game at MSG, there was a way that the student who purchases the ticket to leave an alternative name at Will Call. I'm not sure if that will be the same for the Final Four.

Reaction Score
On the UCONN ticket facebook group some people said they had the student purchase the ticket using the non-student credit card and had no issues. I just want to make sure I can make it work before purchasing a student ticket.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Looks like it might be a different process for final four:

pic.twitter.com/QHTxk2dJjA

Reaction Score
I was in Indy today and attended the UK - Michigan game. I would say that the crowd was about 75% UK fans. They travel VERY well, and I suspect that they'll have a huge presence in North Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom